Private Equity Analyst 2020
3i is a leading international investment manager focused on mid-market Private Equity and Infrastructure.
We invest in businesses across northern Europe (UK, Benelux, France, Germany and the Nordic region) and North America, and focus on four core sectors: Consumer, Healthcare, Industrial and Business & Technology Services. Examples of companies in our Private Equity portfolio include; Action, the leading non-food discount retailer in Europe with over 1,325 stores and approximately 46,000 employees; Audley Travel, a UK-based provider of experiential tailor-made travel; and Q Holding, a manufacturer of precision engineered elastomeric components headquartered in the US.
What makes us unique
Heritage: With over 70 years of investment experience across multiple asset classes, sectors and geographies, we have a strong long-term track record.
Expertise: We offer the opportunity to learn from some of the best investors in the midmarket Private Equity and Infrastructure industries.
Culture: With fewer than 250 people globally, we have a strong collegiate culture; you will be an important member of our team. We will support you throughout the scheme with industry training, as well as mentoring from our senior investment professionals.
International approach: We have a network of eight offices across northern Europe and North America which work together to ensure that all of our teams are international in experience and mindset.
What we can offer you
The 3i Graduate Programme offers a unique opportunity to fast-track directly into a career at a leading international investor and FTSE 100 company. Our Graduate Programme is designed to start developing world-class investment professionals and business leaders. The programme will involve rotations across our mid-market Private Equity and Infrastructure businesses, as well as the opportunity to work with senior management in our Strategy and Investor Relations teams. You will also work alongside the management teams who run our portfolio companies on projects which will make a real difference to their businesses. As a result, you will acquire an excellent grounding in the investment world as well as in strategy and finance. You will enjoy a great deal of early responsibility and be expected to contribute to a number of exciting projects.
You will benefit from best-in-class technical training courses in corporate finance, valuation, financial modelling and accounting, coupled with practical business experience gained from working alongside our investment professionals, senior management and portfolio management teams. Depending on your language skills, there will also be the potential to work in one or more of our European offices. The top performers on the Graduate Programme will be offered the opportunity to be fast-tracked directly into our business.
What we are looking for
- Minimum 2:1 degree (or international equivalent) attained or expected from a top university.
- A minimum of 320 UCAS points (or international equivalent).
- Strong academic and extracurricular performance to demonstrate excellence in all areas.
- Relevant and impressive undergraduate work experience or involvement in community projects or business ventures.
- An analytical mind, strong numerical ability and commercial acumen, together with strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ambition, talent and entrepreneurial flair to succeed in the investment world.
- A strong work ethic, an eye for detail and the ability to perform well under pressure.
- A genuine interest in the business world and the investment industry in particular.
- In addition to English fluency, the ability to speak one or more of Dutch, French or German is preferred.
Please only apply to the graduate programme if you have the right to work in the EU.