Performance Graduate Controller 2021
Abellio operates public transport contracts in the UK and Germany. Every day in the UK over 16,400, Abellio people provide safe, easy and reliable public transport for more than a million passengers on our services.
In the UK we operate buses within our Abellio London business, as well as train services for ScotRail, Greater Anglia, Merseyrail, East Midlands and West Midlands rail networks.
Abellio London Bus operates bus services across London on behalf of TFL, plus rail replacement and event services across the UK. It operates over nine per cent of London’s bus network, running 800 vehicles and employing 2,700 staff across six depots in Central, South and West London. It is working to operate a clean fleet and introduced 34 Caetano E.City Gold zero emission electric vehicles into operational service during 2020. The business runs 54 routes, carrying over 150 million passengers a year on TfL’s contracted bus network.
Abellio London are delighted to announce that our graduate scheme is open for newly qualified university graduates as a Performance Controller.
TFL manage a network of bus fleets of around 9,300 vehicles operating across 675 routes. Most bus services in London are run by private operators awarded a contract by TFL. A number of bus operators compete for contracts to provide specific services, which are managed by a subsidiary company London Bus Services Ltd. TFL is also responsible for around 50 bus stations and more than 19,000 bus stops.
The programme is a ticket to the development path of becoming a leader within our business gaining a mix of practical and theoretical knowledge and working with people at all levels.
Your on-the-job learning will be complemented by a range of cross functional team working, attending development workshops, various skills training courses, receiving coaching, and mentoring throughout the programme from senior colleagues.
You will gain experience in key areas of transport operations and build an understanding of the business, its strategy, its environment, and its stakeholders.
- To promote a culture that embeds safety at all times. This should be achieved by leading by example and never turning a blind eye to unsafe practices. Safety should be the first consideration in everything that you do
- To deliver the best possible quality of service to customers, ensuring that targets are achieved and Quality Incentive Contract (QIC) bonuses are maximised
- To be familiar with route control strategies, implement them and contribute to refining them as and when required
- Follow the Performance ‘Golden Rules’
- Ensure that we comply with legal and contractual requirements as well as internal procedures
- Accurately record and log incidents in line with procedures
- Complete role specific paperwork, for example mileage recording, event logs, disruption details, radio fault log, as and when required and to the appropriate standard
- Liaise with Performance Managers, CDMs, engineers, NMCC, TSG and London Bus Officials with regards to anything that may impact services
- The role involves shift work
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the role
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Be results focussed
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to work as part of, and positively contribute to, the wider team
- A minimum of a 2:2 Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
In addition to the above we are looking for recruits who want to step up in their career and be prepared to take risks. Embracing culture, using initiative, challenging/changing norms, going that extra mile, using the ‘sell’ rather than the ‘tell’ and influencing others is a must to succeed in this role.
What we can offer you
As well as joining a leading bus operator with great development opportunities. Here are just a few of the benefits that you will receive:
- A highly Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Structured development programme and industry related skills training
- Mentoring from senior managers /directors
- Pension scheme with generous employer contribution, Life assurance, staff travel pass and much more!!
Key things to note
Once eligible candidates have applied for this fantastic opportunity they will be required to successfully complete a variety of assessments along the way:
- Candidates will be invited to our Leadership framework online graduate assessment within the first 5 days of them applying for the role
- Successful candidates at online assessment will then be invited to a video interview W/C 21/06
- Virtual assessment day where candidates will be required to complete a variety of online assessment W/C 12/07 with a job offer made to the successful candidate soon after.
Please note these dates are subject to change
Abellio London supports diversity and inclusion and is committed to eliminating discrimination and encourages diversity amongst the workforce which is truly representative of all sections of society.