Real Estate Graduate Edinburgh 2021
Together we invest for a better future. We do it to make a difference to the lives of our clients and customers, our employees, society and our shareholders.
Standard Life Aberdeen is headquartered in Edinburgh and listed in London, with around 6,000 employees in offices in over 50 locations worldwide.
We meet the evolving needs of investors and savers. We do this by building lasting relationships and developing innovative products and services.
We invest in our employee’s development because we know that engaged people are central to achieving our vision. We’ll continue to attract the best talent to make our ambitions a reality.
About the Role
The opportunity to join us as a Real Estate graduate is one that is unique, challenging and rewarding. We are currently looking for world-class talent to join our graduate programme starting in September 2021 within our Investments business.
In Investments, we believe that high quality research and connected teams deliver positive outcomes for clients. We believe we add value through our deliberate, active decision making at each stage of the investment process and that all styles of investment require active decision making at some level, whether that be incorporating fundamental discretionary or systematic quant approaches.
We are looking for graduates in their final year of studies to join our Real Estate graduate programme. Applicants must have or be working towards a degree which is RICS Accredited. In addition to this, we are looking for candidates who are interested in learning about the industry and confident in collaborating with others.
We are looking for motivated candidates who demonstrate:
- Communication skills: Can clearly and effectively communicate both written and verbally.
- Team Work: Encourages team work, collaboration and breaking down boundaries when working with others.
- Trust & Integrity: Demonstrates the organisations’ values to deliver work with integrity and to high ethical standards.
- Planning & Prioritising: Organises and priorities to efficiently accomplish tasks and meet objectives based on relative value, importance, and urgency.
- Attention to detail: Demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy and organisation in work.
- Analytical : Effective in collecting and analysing information to facilitate and support decisions.
What can you expect from our recruitment process?
The process is made up of four easy to follow stages.
- CV & online application - If you’re serious about a role with us, it’s worth taking the time at this stage to get your CV and application right.
- Online tests - When doing the tests, it is always best to choose a quiet location where you won’t be disturbed. Be sure to visit our early careers website to access the practice tests.
- Video interview - This is your chance to re-affirm your motivation for applying and interest in our company and industry.
- Assessment Centre- This is the final stage in the process, where we get to meet you and you have the chance to really make an impression.
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.
Please contact us if you have a disability which requires any adjustments to be made to any stage of the recruitment process. Our Early Careers team will be pleased to discuss your needs and ensure that these are accommodated.