Renewable Energy Industry Summer Internship London 2024
We're looking forward to hiring 4 interns who could work from one of our offices in London/Brighton/ Glasgow.
OWC, an ABL Group company, is a technical and advisory consultancy specializing in renewable energy, including onshore & offshore, fixed/floating wind energy, onshore solar, floating solar, and hydrogen. OWC offers a global service offering, focused on project development services, owner’s engineering, technical due diligence, and independent engineering. We have an unrivalled reputation for providing high-quality, innovative, and reliable solutions, drawing on extensive technical knowledge and practical experience which goes back to the late 1990s in offshore renewables.
The interns will work within a team on engineering and consultancy assignments for a range of offshore and onshore wind farm projects (fixed and/or floating). Their work will include providing analysis relating to, but not limited to, Project Development, Site Prospecting, Owner’s Engineer technical advisory, Technical Due Diligence, and Project Cost Modelling.
Skills, knowledge, expertise
- Individuals pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees in engineering, in disciplines namely - Electrical/ Mechanical/ Geotechnical/ Civil/ Structural/ Environmental Engineering.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office package.
- Good knowledge of engineering principles and ability to apply them in an industry context.
- Ability to correctly select and apply standards, guides, methods, and techniques with support from senior members.
- Good English communication skills and report-writing skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a strong team player with a proactive approach.
- Attention to detail, high level of numerical accuracy and the ability to prioritise work.
- Well organised, self-directed & insightful.
We consistently welcome students from a wide range of academic terms, spanning from those who have recently completed their first year to those preparing to enter their fourth year. Priority will be given to the students entering 3rd & 4th Year.
Our standard working hours are 40 hours per week, which translates to 8 hours per day. The internship typically spans for a duration of 6-8 weeks, offering a flexible timeframe for your convenience.
The internship start date will be approximately around the end of June (Negotiable)
Rest assured; our fixed-term internship contract includes compensation as per current national living wage. Additionally, our commitment to your well-being extends from day one of your joining, as we provide comprehensive insurance coverage for all our interns.
We pride ourselves on being a highly sociable company, and our London office HQ, regularly hosts a variety of engaging social events. From cocktail-making classes to pre-work breakfast gatherings, there are plenty of opportunities to connect and socialize with your colleagues. Our vibrant company is filled with young and enthusiastic graduates and consultants at various levels creating a dynamic and energetic work environment.
You can learn more about our team and what we do here:The Renewable Energy Consultants - OWC (owcltd.com)
Join us and grow with us.
We will be conducting interviews regularly and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
For your application to be taken into consideration, please be advised, that you must submit your application via the link provided on this page.
We look forward to receiving your application.