GIS Technician Hatfield 2024
This role is in the Asset Information Team (AIT) within the ASCD directorate and reports to the GIS Analyst. The AIT help maintain accurate information on the Company’s assets, making the information available to employees, contractors and third parties. The provision of detailed and accurate information supports the Business’ daily operations and future planning.
The team also supports the GIS applications and provides GIS services to over 500 users, supporting activities such as: data administration and integration, mapping and analysis, project support and out-of-hours standby support.
The successful candidate will have two key areas of responsibility; To help maintain and improve asset information in our GIS database working along alongside other GIS Technicians, supporting the GIS Analyst. In addition, this role will also support the GIS Application Specialist and GIS Data Controller maintaining our many datasets to ensure completeness and quality.
It is expected that the chosen candidate will develop into these duties and in time get involved supporting a wider range of GIS project work. The success of the role will be measured by the delivery of high-quality data and support provided to the business.
- Maintain asset data in GIS using a standard approach to data capture
- Responsible for managing / overseeing specific datasets, including maintenance, tracking data quality; working with colleagues to ensure the data is used appropriately
- Maintaining and updating internal documentation such as guidance notes and procedures.
- Supporting GIS projects and other data requests.
- Standby out-of-hours GIS support of our Operations teams. 1 week in 6 Key
- Experience of using ESRI’s ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap v10x software
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Model Builder, Python scripts, SQL, configuring layers on applications
- Eye for detail, including finding issues/problems with existing data or processes, and suggesting & implementing improvements
- Willingness to learn and develop skills through in-house training and coaching and attendance at third-party training where required.
- Highly competent in data capture, including awareness of issues such as data quality, completeness, usability, metadata etc.
- Appropriate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Awareness of utility networks - preferably water networks - is desirable
- Salary £32,250
- Hybrid Flexible working - Office based 2 days per week is expected, Improve your home-work balance
- Annual leave 23 days rising with length of service
- A generous pension scheme that doubles the contributions you make, up to a maximum of 12%
- We offer enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Shared Parental Leave. We also have a Carers policy and Menopause policy to help us support our people through different stages of their lives.
- Access to our Wellbeing Centre with support for looking after your physical and mental
- Discounts for Medical and Dental Insurance, Retail Outlets
- Volunteer days
Affinity Water recognises the benefits of greater diversity in our workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. We are committed to building a more inclusive culture where every member of our workforce can thrive.