Enablement and Project Support Placement Broughton 2024
Located in North Wales, Airbus in Broughton is responsible for assembling wings for the entire family of Airbus commercial aircraft which includes the A320 Family, A330 Family and the A350 XWB. The wings are one of the most technically complex parts of the aircraft. They define the overall aerodynamic performance and are particularly important for securing excellent eco-efficient solutions.
An internship is available within the Internal Supply and Support business (ISS) where you will be working in challenging, dynamic and multifunctional teams. We are the department that are responsible for panel machining, treatments and also stringer machining and treatments. We take the raw aluminum billets and produce wing panels. All these components are built at the very beginning of the manufacturing process.
The internship will give a unique insight into this area that could be potential career paths within Airbus. The program is designed so that you get to experience the enablement of the manufacturing process as well as planning for future rate ramp ups, you will also gain project skills along with knowledge around the industry and operational exposure.
What will you be doing
- Support the lineside enablement teams working closely with the operational team to gain experience of processes and procedures to support in wing manufacture.
- Supporting the ISS business by attending high level reviews and producing progress reports, key performance indicators and delivery measures, and looking for continuous improvements.
- Provide support to the ISS management team leaders
- To take on improvement projects which will involve end to end project management and to prove demonstrated benefits.
- To take data and analyze to find opportunities for improvements and development.
- Work on building a robust risk and opportunity tracker/process
- Support with build rate increase with looking to make sure headcount is secured, assets are capable and future proofing the performance, digitally enhance processes and help to create a 10 year vision for the department.
- Spend a day in the life of senior leaders in the business.
Please note our placements are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Studying towards a relevant Business or related degree;
- Have the drive to not only support the operational business in the daily activities but to also have an eye for opportunities and potential risks;
- Are confident to work in a demanding operational environment;
- Can demonstrate good communication skills;
- Are able to undertake stakeholder management;
- Have knowledge of Google tools;
- Are motivated and enthusiastic always looking for opportunities
- Are organized and proactive.
We encourage you to apply early to avoid missing out on this opportunity! Please note we will close adverts as soon as we receive sufficient applications.
Please ensure you include your CV and a cover letter for your application to be considered. Eligibility to gain UK SC Security Clearance OR You will be subject to a BPSS check (including a criminal record check).
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.