Engineer Graduate Future Programmes 2021
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period we will offer a combination of both focused formal training, as well as on-the-job learning and the chance to build your professional network.
The programme includes core technical and behavioural training elements that will form an integral part of your learning and help you become familiar with the company and its culture. The training provided will help to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The Future Projects NEO department in Earth Observation Navigation and Science is responsible for assessing the feasibility of future UK military and security missions/programmes. The department carries out all early phase studies for the UK MoD and the wider UK government.
We are looking for a technical / systems graduate for our future missions!
Main activities of the role may include;
- Working with a small team and also be able to identify potential innovative technical approaches and maintain balance with preferred customer solutions.
- Working on proposals, typically to Dstl or other UK agencies, and subsequent development of overall mission/systems design in feasibility studies for future space missions.
- Generating new mission concepts
- System performance modelling
- Development of mission and spacecraft designs
- Contributing to proposals and R&D activities
- Carrying out customer studies e.g. for Dstl
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- A degree in physics, mathematics, aerospace engineering or equivalent
- MSc or PhD in relevant discipline preferred but not essential
Technical skills required
- Good written and oral presentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good analytical approach, logical thinker
- Ability to think at systems level and to look at problems from first principles
Behavioural skills required
- Ability to lead a small team, good team player
- Good customer facing skills
- Highly pro-active
- Previous involvement with military studies is preferred but not essential
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
This role will be based in Stevenage and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.