Lean Business Management Placement Broughton 2024
Are you interested in continuous improvement? Are you comfortable in challenging the status quo and developing innovative solutions? Do you enjoy working with people and diverse teams? Then please consider this exciting placement opportunity!
As an Airbus Operating System (AOS) placement student you will, during the course of your program, develop your lean process knowledge through the application of the Airbus Operating System into the A320 & A350 production lines working in collaboration with experienced change management professionals.
Utilizing internationally recognized Lean business practices, within the AOS department of the Broughton site, this is an exciting opportunity to influence and drive change in an established wing manufacturing facility. Using the AOS and Airbus project management tools the applicant will have the opportunity to work autonomously as a Change Agent within a specific business area, whilst also gaining exposure to various product lines.
If you gain fulfillment through supporting others and have a passion for continuous improvement then please consider this internship and opportunity for personal growth.
What you will be doing
During this placement, the activities you may undertake will include:
- Support the AOS team in deploying and coaching the tools of the system to drive continuous improvement, alongside operational managers and their teams;
- Arrange and facilitate Kaizen events with support from a multifunctional team to achieve business improvements in line with operational milestones;
- Work alongside all business levels, anticipating and adapting to changing landscapes whilst managing customer and stakeholder needs and expectations;
- Support Airbus’ decarbonization ambition and reduce our environmental footprint through the development of sustained environmental methodologies.
Our placements are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement. Please inform your graduation date on your application. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Studying towards a degree in Aerospace, Manufacturing Engineering or Business Lean Engineering;
- Familiarity with Google Suite;
- Strong ability to work well in a team;
- Innovative mindset with creativity & strong analytical skills;
- Self-motivated in managing personal time, goals and objectives;
- Focus on removal of non-value added activities with a strive for efficiency;
- Able to work autonomously, recognizing when support is required and seeking advice when necessary;
- Have a customer focus and the ability to integrate well into the business;
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations & deliver on commitments;
- Confident & resilient with ability to challenge the status quo with blue sky thinking;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present to a variety of audiences.
We encourage you to apply early to avoid missing out on this opportunity! Please note we will close adverts as soon as we receive sufficient applications.
Please ensure you include your CV and a cover letter for your application to be considered. Eligibility to gain UK SC Security Clearance OR You will be subject to a BPSS check (including a criminal record check).
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to email@example.com.
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.