Production Control Improvements Placement Stevenage 2024
The Production Planning and Control department has a helicopter view of operations with end to end visibility and control of Airbus Space Systems Production within the UK.
We plan, schedule and control the Manufacture, Assembly, Integration and Test (MAIT) of spacecraft, satellites, rovers and equipment. We maintain optimised production plans and schedules to drive On Quality, On Time and On Cost deliveries while ensuring full end to end control and traceability of purchased and allocated materials.
Production Planning and Control deal with uncertainty and complex problems on a daily basis. We challenge ourselves and others to continuously improve and proactively manage risk and opportunity of our production system to enhance our performance (On Quality, On Time and On Cost delivery).
What you will be doing
During this placement in Production Planning and Control, the activities you may undertake include:
- Identifying potential improvement opportunities within the department or interdepartmental processes;
- Creating and defining improvement proposals, project charters and business cases;
- Leading, managing and delivering improvement projects across the department, coordinating resources and controlling schedules and budgets;
- Mapping and maintaining up to date visualisations of Production Planning and Control processes;
- Supporting the development of single point lessons and training material for new processes;
- Creating and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to support the performance management of Space Systems Production in the UK;
- Excel VBA or Google Suite coding to support the automation of data reporting;
- Analysis of Material Requirements Planning / Material Resource Planning (MRP I/II) data (SAP P11);
- Involvement in Practical Problem Solving (PPS) and/or Process Failure Modes Effects Analysis (PFMEA) to support root cause elimination / mitigation and/or application of robust controls.
Our placements are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement. Please inform your graduation date on your application. Successful candidates will typically be able to demonstrate the following:
- Studying towards a degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics), Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or Business Management;
- Good organisational skills (time management, planning, prioritisation, etc.);
- IT and numerical skills;
- Good communication with stakeholders from different levels and the ability to influence;
- Problem solving skills;
- Team working.
We encourage you to apply early to avoid missing out on this opportunity! Please note we will close adverts as soon as we receive sufficient applications.
Please ensure you include your CV and a cover letter for your application to be considered. Eligibility to gain UK SC Security Clearance OR You will be subject to a BPSS check (including a criminal record check).
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.