Radio Frequency Antenna Engineer Graduate Programme
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period we will offer a combination of both focused formal training, as well as on-the-job learning and the chance to build your professional network.
The programme includes core technical and behavioural training elements that will form an integral part of your learning and help you become familiar with the company and its culture. The training provided will help to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The role of Graduate Antenna RF Engineer is based in the Airbus Defence and Space satellite telecom department. The antenna group in Stevenage is the centre of competence of Antenna for space telecom application. The Antenna group has a key role in the telecom satellite business and as such the antenna group is involved in various aspect of the manufacturing of the satellite: direct discussion with Airbus customer to define their specification and negotiate with them, design of the antenna and support of test. This allow the Antenna Engineer to have a full visibility of the telecom satellite from negotiation up to launch date.
Main activities of the role may include;
- RF analysis for prospect spacecraft activity. This will involve understanding the design of reflectors, programming, analysis and supporting research and development proposals.
- Designing reflectors to meet customer requirements and using software (TICRA and MATLAB).
- Supporting testing activities, including analysis and report writing.
- Supporting Active Antenna design for commercial and National programs
- Developing software
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Physics, Software Engineering or related subject.
- Mathematical background
- Proactive, adaptable and flexible approach to meet changing project requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report writing.
- Good team working skills.
- A mechanical understanding of satellites / antennas.
- Experience of using MATLAB
- Knowledge of TICRA software (for example, GRASP, POS, SATSOFT).
- Experience of programming using LINUX.
- Ability to speak French.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
This role will be based in Stevenage and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.