Thermal Engineer Graduate Programme 2021
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period we will offer a combination of both focused formal training, as well as on-the-job learning and the chance to build your professional network.
The programme includes core technical and behavioural training elements that will form an integral part of your learning and help you become familiar with the company and its culture. The training provided will help to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
Are you passionate about thermal analysis? Fascinated about space and want to tackle thermal challenges that are yet to be realised? Interested in working on technology that will be visiting new planets and atmospheres? Then we want to hear from you!
You will be joining a high visibility, multicultural, sociable team of 12, who are part of a larger department of 100+. There is a strong ethos of knowledge sharing and collaboration within the department. You will be working with novel technologies and unique challenges, you will be working at the cutting edge of engineering. You will be evolving and creating techniques and processes to address these challenges.
Main activities of the role may include;
- Under supervision, complete and plan the thermal analyses and test activities to demonstrate achievement of thermal control system requirements.
- Broaden knowledge and experience of thermal analysis and test tasks as to apply correctly analysis tools, methods and process.
- Effectively summarise and communicate the result of thermal analysis and test tasks performed. ¤ Work as part of the thermal analysis team, considering parts of the product development life cycle, justifying product design and/or achievement of test objectives.
- Demonstrate understanding of thermal analysis principles and expected performance
- Within perimeter of own work, ensure configuration / detailed design incorporates key features necessary to enable design for manufacture, integration and required hardware re-use.
- Support thermal testing which achieves hardware qualification or acceptance, and develop understanding of the effectiveness of analysis and any prior correlation.
- Support / monitor identified thermal testing, complete pre-determined post-test assessment and correlation activities.
- Author clear and concise thermal analysis reports, demonstrating the understanding of thermal behaviours and compliance
- Technical presentation of analysis and test results, observations and conclusions.
- Contribute to work package and risk management to ensure tasks / activities are completed on time, quality and cost.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Studying towards a degree in one of the following (or similar): Aerospace, Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering or Physics
The following would be advantageous:
- Python, C++, Java, Matlab
- Work experience
- Thermal engineering knowledge
- Experience in Lab work and / or testing
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
This role will be based in Stevenage and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.