National Buying Placement (Beers/Wines/Spirits) Atherstone 2024
Are you looking for a Placement where you will be in the thick of the action from the start? Here at Aldi, you will get exactly that, as you experience a year like no other. Gaining real responsibility and making an impact from day one. This is your chance to join one of the market-leading retailers and Times Top 100 employers, learning the ‘ins and outs’ of Buying.
This is a fantastic opportunity to kickstart your career and be inspired by a company that means more!
About the role
As a Placement in our Beers, Wines and Spirits team, you’ll play an incredibly important role in the whole Buying process. Working closely with a Buying Director, you’ll make sure that they have everything they need to negotiate the best deals.
That involves keeping up communication with suppliers and people across the Aldi business and making sure that every tender process is managed effectively. From ensuring we have great working relationships with our suppliers, to crunching the numbers and putting tender documents and contracts together, you’ll get involved in every aspect of the buying lifecycle.
- Have full knowledge of products and suppliers
- Fully responsible for managing Supplier's on every operational aspect
- Manage the efficient and accurate flow of communication both internally and externally
- Actively manage their area of responsibility through driving innovation and change
- Understand complex POS/financial data and be able to analyse this on Excel
- Display ownership for the category, namely: issues, innovation, idea generation
- Product sampling would be required
What you'll need
Please note that our Placement Programmes are for university students currently studying towards an undergraduate degree, who are seeking a 12-month sandwich placement before their final year of study.
You’ll need to be working towards a 2:1 degree, have 96 UCAS points from your top 3 A-Levels (or equivalent qualifications), possess a driving licence and have the right to work in the UK.
The Placement application window may close early due to high volumes of applications; therefore, we recommend you apply soon.
- Monday 15th July 2024