National IT Placement (IT Security and Policies)
Are you looking for a Placement where you will be in the thick of the action from the start? Here at Aldi, you will get exactly that, as you experience a year like no other. Gaining real responsibility and making an impact from day one. This is your chance to join one of the market-leading retailers and Times Top 100 employers, learning the ‘ins and outs’ of National IT.
This is a fantastic opportunity to kickstart your career and be inspired by a company that means more!
The role of the National IT Technician is to work as part of a wider team to support the business by fulfilling incident and request tickets by providing excellent customer service whilst working to ITIL best practices. Involvement in project support which may entail some travel may be required.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide first and second level remote and onsite support to National and Regional offices including the escalation of any issues to external support partners when necessary, whilst ensuring tickets are always updated.
- On-site Regional support for rollouts / new Regions (some UK, and European travel may be required). Occasional travel for support or to assist go-lives will be required.
- Maintain an appropriate incident log to identify and escalate any known errors to the Team Leader.
- Maintain an understanding of the user requirements and open issues for area of responsibilities.
- Test hardware and program updates to verify whether newly implemented requirements and existing functionality operate without errors.
- Co-ordinate and direct consultants, contractors, vendors and suppliers as required.
- Perform system maintenance/support which will occasionally fall outside of normal business hours.
- Ordering goods and processing their respective invoices whilst maintaining information in an asset management system.
- Physical installations of equipment onsite.
- Create and maintain knowledgebase articles.
- Communicate business updates such as outages to key stake holders.
- Generate monthly KPI reports highlighting team performance for the past month whilst analyzing past data to spot trends.
- Maintain Service Desk SharePoint site by creating and updating support topics
- Vendor management - engage with internal and external vendors to ensure continual service improvements are implemented and maintained.
- Maintain and update Global Knowledgebase articles
You will also be required to carry out any other duties requested of you by your direct Line Manager.
Please note that our Placement Programmes are for university students currently studying towards an undergraduate degree, who are seeking a 12-month sandwich placement before their final year of study.
You’ll need to be working towards a 2:1 degree, have 96 UCAS points from your top 3 A-Levels (or equivalent qualifications), possess a driving licence and have the right to work in the UK.
The Placement application window may close early due to high volumes of applications; therefore, we recommend you apply soon.
- Monday 15th July 2024