Retail Management Placement Cardiff 2024
A year in industry is a great way to see how a company works. But our Retail Management Placement Programme provides so much more. Over the year, you’ll experience real responsibility. In fact, fast rotations across store and office environments will give you a breath-taking snapshot of our business and the skills you need to succeed. What will you do when you’re handed the keys and told: “You’re in charge”? Well, it’s time to find out.
Please note that our Placement Programmes are for university students currently studying towards an undergraduate degree, who are seeking a placement between their second and third years of study.
The application window for our 2024/2025 Retail Management Placements is now open.
- Rolling up your sleeves and seeing exactly what happens in our stores, from stacking shelves to serving customers
- Shadowing Store Managers and experiencing their challenging, rewarding and stimulating role. It’s about learning to lead a successful team and creating an environment where people really feel motivated.
- Taking on the role of an operational Assistant Store Manager – this is your time to really develop your management skills!
- Learning everything from streamlining distribution to vehicle tracking and routing, as Head Office and Logistics is an invaluable part of your training
- And collaborating on project briefs to improve areas across Trading and Logistics. Here, you can see your work have a long-lasting impact on regional (or even national) decisions.
- You will be working towards a 2:1 degree across any discipline
- Have 96 UCAS points or 63 Scottish Highers (or equivalent) from your top 3 A Levels, Highers, or International Qualifications
- Hold a Full UK Driving License (and have access to a car)
- The successful candidate must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK
- And be ready to take on any challenge as we are looking for individuals who use initiative and always strive for smarter and simpler ways of doing things! We are cost saving business and always looking for ways to improve our efficiencies.
- Competitive Salary: £26,000 salary
- Holiday Allowance: With four weeks' holiday allowance, plus bank holidays, you'll be able to put your feet up and come back raring to go.
- Future Opportunities: If, after graduating, you’re considering Aldi as a career choice – and you performed well on the placement – chances are you’ll be invited to apply for a permanent position. Your Direct Leader will need to recommend you first though.
- Wellbeing: Colleagues have access to an online wellness portal containing information and guidance, 24/7 Employee Assistant Programme and wellbeing-related benefits.
- Training & Support: With a dedicated mentor from day one, you'll get the support you need. And even once the programme ends, you'll get great development opportunities throughout your Aldi career.
- Health & Lifestyle: You can also join our discounted Health Cash Plan and take advantage of gym membership discounts, discounted cinema tickets, money off holidays and more!
- Online Application
- Video Interview
- Group Assessment
- Final Interview
The Placement application window may close early due to high volumes of applications; therefore, we recommend you apply soon