eDiscovery & Data Forensics Consultant London 2023
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve.
By understanding, respecting, and honouring the needs of our employees, clients, and communities, AlixPartners actively promotes an inclusive environment. We strongly believe in the value that diversity brings to our experiences and are committed to the perpetual enhancements of initiatives, policies, and practices. We hold ourselves accountable by providing the space for authenticity, growth, and equity for everyone.
AlixPartners has embraced a hybrid work model to provide flexibility and support our employees’ work-life integration. Our hybrid model combines a mix of in-person (at client site or AlixPartners office) and remote working. Travel is part of this position, but the frequency may vary based on client, team, and individual circumstances.
What you’ll do
You’ll be part of the team supporting our Risk Advisory service line, with a focus on eDiscovery & Data Forensics. Our consultants in Risk Advisory apply accounting, financial and data analysis expertise and experience to assist our clients and address their critical issues.
You will work closely with AlixPartners’ experts to address complex issues in commercial litigation, business valuations and investigations. Examples of work within our eDiscovery services include:
- Establish and implement protocols for the eDiscovery life cycle, which include internal standards and best practices for preservation and collection of electronic evidence.
- Find, compile, organize, categorize, and verify case-critical data across the full life cycle of the eDiscovery process – preservation, collection, processing, review and production.
- Utilize a range of industry standard software tools to perform custom solutions to client requirements.
- Advise clients on data collection on large scale litigation cases, including document retention and chain-of-custody procedures.
- Create and manage large data sets and ensure electronic files are easily accessible for potential litigation.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree – STEM subjects preferred but not a pre-requisite.
- Strong record of academic achievement.
- Internship experience in legal, data or a related field preferred.
- Project management skills, including the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, as well as independently, with an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organisation.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Although not required, working experience with any of the following products or tools is viewed favourably: EnCase, Cellebrite, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Basic, Microsoft .NET framework, Microsoft Access, SQL, Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes/Domino, Relativity, Brainspace.
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, our Core Values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and foster an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization.
The firm offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, vision, dental, disability, tuition reimbursement, identity theft protection, and mental wellness support. Employees will also receive a generous paid leave policy.
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.