Turnaround & Restructuring Services Consultant
AlixPartners is a leading global business advisory firm of results-oriented professionals who specialise in creating value and restoring performance at every stage of the business life cycle. We thrive on our ability to make a difference in high-impact situations and deliver sustainable, bottom-line results.
The Turnaround & Restructuring Services practice is composed of the most respected financial restructuring professionals in the industry. AlixPartners is widely recognised for its long and successful record in helping its clients resolve urgent situations and implement rapid change. Our professionals share a practical, results-oriented mind-set underpinned by the understanding that, under such situations, failure is not an option. We work side-by-side with both management teams and key stakeholders to provide a broad range of services in relation to companies facing strategic, financial, and operational challenges.
We now have several Manchester or London based opportunities within our formal insolvency team, an integral part of the wider TRS practice. The team is involved in formal insolvency cases from the outset – managing a large portfolio of cases - taking responsibility for statutory duties, creditor communications, asset realisations, investigations, employee redundancies, claims and correspondence, and case closure.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to join AlixPartners and work as part of a dedicated team responsible for claims agreement and distribution processes in formal insolvency cases. As part of this team you will be required to deal with a broad range of challenges, including reviewing claims received, assessing their eligibility for proving, agreeing their quantum and dealing with creditor communications and correspondence.
This work will be guided by an overall framework of approach, however candidates will be expected to apply their own knowledge and skills to identify any issues or areas of risk and escalate these to senior colleagues, in order to refine the claims agreement and distribution process.
Key requisite skills will include an ability to work well as part of a team, a hardworking and diligent approach, self-motivation, risk awareness, strong problem solving skills and the ability to understand the ‘big picture’.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelors degree or strong A-level results with directly relevant experience.
- An understanding of the UK Insolvency statutory and regulatory framework is preferable and a significant advantage.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal abilities, in order to work well with colleagues across the team and wider TRS practice.
- The ability to use your own initiative and problem solve with a ‘can do’.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks, keeping to tight and structured deadlines.
- High level of accuracy and attention to.
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Experience in a professional services or corporate environment would be desirable – with experience directly relevant to formal insolvency a strong.