Finance Associate (Accounts Payable)
AlphaSights provides global investment and business professionals with on-demand access to the knowledge they need across all industries and geographies. AlphaSights connects decision-makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, and corporations with a dynamic network of industry experts who provide qualitative and quantitative market insights, industry expertise, and execution support so our clients can make more informed decisions. Leveraging cutting-edge technology and our global team of 1,000+ professionals in nine global offices, we support our clients 24/7 around the world. AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
AlphaSights is growing fast, with already nine offices worldwide so far. We are now looking for a Finance Associate (Accounts Payable) to join our global Finance team in London (HQ). You will be working in a friendly and collaborative team to coordinate, manage and maintain an efficient purchase ledger function. The position offers the opportunity to take on responsibility in your role, and with time, the chance to progress within the team, and receive full support with your ACCA or CIMA qualifications. On a day-to-day basis you will be:
- Obtaining purchase invoices in order to keep the accrued costs to a minimum, timely reclaiming input VAT and ensuring completeness of costs in the information for management.
- Developing and maintaining great relationships with all our suppliers and partners.
- Sticking to the payment terms to control cash flow and avoid complaints from suppliers.
- Obtain, check and process purchase invoices and credit notes in a timely manner
- Collect and process staff expenses, while ensuring expenses are within the allocated budget and in line with the company policy
- Pay supplier invoices on due dates
- Allocate and reconcile all funds paid
- Swiftly deal with day-to-day supplier queries
- Review in detail the monthly Aged Creditors Report to ensure its accuracy
- Deal with supplier related Value Added Tax (VAT) issues
- Where relevant, carrying out ad hoc projects as required
More About the Finance Team
The Finance team at AlphaSights is an expanding, global function responsible for planning, accounting, controlling and, ultimately, enabling our fast-paced and high-growth business. From the moment you join us, you’ll have significant autonomy and personal responsibility and receive training and professional development opportunities to help you excel in your role and beyond. Learn more about our Specialist Functions here.
What We Look For
AlphaSights welcomes candidates with different backgrounds and experiences. Here are some qualities that many of our successful applicants possess:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Economics or Business.
- Have a strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Be able to consult and positively engage with a wide variety of people/personalities to professionally deliver on requirements;
- Have a keen eye for detail and diligent approach to work;
- Be self-motivated, analytical, good with figures, organized and able to manage a busy workload with conflicting priorities;
- Have a proactive approach, with a focus on the right solution, professionalism and value;
- Able to provide a hands-on, flexible approach, willing to respond professionally, enthusiastically and positively.
- Fluency in Mandarin is preferred
What You Can Expect
- Opportunities for training and development throughout
- Study support for professional certifications such as CIMA, ATT and ACCA
- High level of autonomy and ownership of role from day one
- A team-oriented, strongly supportive culture emphasizing transparency, continuous feedback, professional development, and celebrating wins
- Comprehensive medical benefits (health, vision, and dental)
- Subsidized lunch program, corporate gym discounts, monthly team building events, office snacks