AWS Startups Business Analyst Internship 2021
Amazon Web Services ("AWS") enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on Amazon’s industry-leading cloud computing infrastructure. AWS is growing very rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform. AWS has a strong culture of data-driven decision-making; requiring timely, accurate, and actionable intelligence that delivers significant business value.
AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to power the infrastructure of millions of active customers, including the world's fastest growing and most successful startups. Startups are a critically important and growing subset of customers with unique needs, priorities, and growth trajectories that distinguish them from traditional businesses and require different engagement strategies and sales motions from sellers to effectively acquire, grow, and retain them long-term on the AWS platform.
The AWS Startup Solutions Architecture team is looking for a talented, driven, self-directed student to join us for a 3 months internship in the organization that is responsible for driving adoption of the AWS platform by startups around the world. The role provides an opportunity to understand AWS business and processes, enhance analytical skills, and make significant business impact.
Specifically, this role will include defining, building and scaling metrics and analytical insights that will measure the success and drive the day-to-day behavior for the AWS Startup Solutions Architecture team. You will work closely with members of the team to ensure we are capturing and surfacing the best data and information to make optimal business decisions. You’ll collaborate with engineers to build self-service reports and establish automated processes for large scale data analyses. Successful candidates will be analytical with business acumen, and detail driven with great problem solving skills.
- Working with teams to identify opportunities, develop business cases and drive measurements of actions to continuously improve on the inputs and ultimately the outputs of the business
- Working with large volumes and big data, in a complex business
- Working with business intelligence tools, accessing and working with big data from multiple sources, and partnering with the business to identify strategic opportunities and deliver results
- Studying towards a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree
- Open to all current students, graduates or Industrial placement ·
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English
- Intermediate SQL
- Advanced excel
- Experience with the development and implementation of systems/tool utilized for CRM, revenue reporting, etc
- Analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and concepts
- Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Business or a similar field
- Experience using databases with a large-scale data set
- Knowledge of other European languages a plus
- Achieved or aiming to achieve a 2.1 and above degree