Human Resources and Social Sciences Internship 2021
Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You’ll find it in every team across our company; from providing Earth’s biggest selection of products to developing ground-breaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon embraces invention and progressive thinking. Amazon is continually evolving; it’s a place where motivated employees thrive, and ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It’s as simple as this: we pioneer.
With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand at Amazon is growing. And to meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we're growing our Operations team across Europe. Delivering hundreds of thousands of products to hundreds of countries, our Operations teams rely on support from a variety of human resources teams to meet the growing needs of Amazonians across Europe.
About these internships
Whatever your background, if you love learning what it takes to hire and develop the best, enjoy building plans to attract, retain, develop, and support growing teams, effectively communicating across diverse teams in multiple countries, Amazon is a great place to be. Because it’s only by coming up with new ideas and challenging the status quo that we can continue to be the most customer-centric company on Earth, we’re all about flexibility: we expect you to adapt to changes quickly and we encourage you to try new things.
Amazon is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic students to join our fast paced world as interns. An Amazon EU internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to our activities.
These internships are project-based educational opportunities where you’ll be exposed to a large range of business cases as well as design, develop and implement solutions that will help our operations sustain fast growth and build the best operational company in the world.
As an intern you could join one of the following teams: Human Resources, Talent Acquisition (Recruitment), Employee Relations, Internal Communications, HR Project Management Office, HR ACES, and more.
You will put your analytical and technical skills to test and roll up your sleeves to complete a project that will teach you about the human resources function, as well as contribute to the team’s success (and ultimately our customers). This could include:
- Helping develop strategies to attract potential new Amazonians to learn about opportunities within operations
- Implementing programs to engage potential new Amazonians at university campuses and beyond
- Support with planning and logistics for events, such as recruitment events, leadership trainings, and more.
- Development of new tools to support automation of reporting across the HR network.
- Taking part in process reviews, identifying opportunities to simplify and automate process steps wherever possible.
- Learning about the HR functions within a fast-paced and ever-growing fulfilment centre
- Assisting with internal communication efforts to align all teams across multiple countries
- Helping with the development of training plans and materials to answer the development needs of various teams
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
- You are currently working towards a 2+ years university degree in HR, Economics, Computer/Data Science, Marketing, social sciences, humanities, or a related field.
- You have the right to work in the country you are applying for.
- You will be able demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and local language (if required).
- You will be results driven with analytical capability and the ability to innovate and simplify current process and practices.
- You should have strong decision making skills and use sound reasoning to communicate.
- Evidence of leadership skills, working effectively with a team – perhaps you are president of a sporting or social club at university or took the lead in charity work or a group project.
- The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd!
- Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
- Previous work experience – a summer job, internship or full- time role; if it’s in a people- or customer-facing environment, even better.