2021 Amex Strategy (Strategic Planning Group) Graduate role
Amex Strategy (Strategic Planning Group) is the Company’s enterprise strategy and internal consulting division. Amex Strategy serves as a key partner to senior leaders, the executive team, and the CEO, providing thought leadership and an external perspective on the most critical strategic initiatives and pressing challenges facing the Company.
An Analyst role with Amex Strategy offers unparalleled exposure to senior leadership and the unique opportunity to work across all business lines – while developing strategy and leadership skills through individualised coaching and a formal training curriculum. As a member of Amex Strategy, you will be part of a small project team working on the Company’s toughest challenges and biggest opportunities, while seeing first-hand how the impact of your solutions shapes the Company’s growth. You will work on broad range of projects while collaborating with diverse and talented colleagues within the close-knit team and broader Company.
Amex Strategy also serves as a talent-pipeline for future leaders at American Express. We host and encourage frequent networking with our team’s expansive alumni network, featuring many senior executives that began their careers in the Amex Strategy team.
What can you expect as an Analyst in Amex Strategy?
- Be part of a project team and contribute to all aspects including scoping, problem structuring, analysis, research and presentations
- Perform complex analyses and rigorous research to develop insights and solutions for the Company’s most critical strategic priorities
- Engage business unit leaders and company executives to develop and present implementable solutions, and provide thought partnership and strategic counsel
- Build a strong network and a deeper understanding of the Company through project work and networking events with senior leaders
- Enjoy team-wide social events, trainings, happy hours, and lunches
Here are the skills and experiences we are looking for. Do these describe you?
- Strong problem-solving abilities and quantitative aptitude; intellectual curiosity
- Ability to drive change, impact, and be adaptable to a wide range of situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to collaborate effectively in a team
- Strong professional presence; effective communication and presentation skills
- A track record of results and desire for continual improvement
- Final year of full-time undergraduate program; expected graduation May 2021 or sooner
About American Express
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.