RTL Design Intern
Apple’s GPU Hardware Tech team are responsible for the outstanding graphics in Apple’s chips which power everything from Apple Watch and Apple TV to iPhone and iPad. We have unique career opportunities for interns interested in applying their hardware and software knowledge towards developing Apple’s cutting-edge GPUs.
We’re looking for those with talent and ambition to innovate the way we design graphics processors, to provide the next technological leap and improve customer experiences in areas like real-time graphics, VR/AR, parallel computing and deep learning, and welcome you to work among the industry’s best.
As an intern on the RTL Design Team, you will assist with delivering high quality graphics IP in order to meet performance, feature, timing, area and power goals. We will provide you with the mentorship and the opportunity to collaborate with experienced Design Engineers, as well as work alongside our GPU platform architecture, functional verification, and physical design teams that are responsible for our GPU products.
With mentorship, you will work within the RTL Design Team to refine micro-architectural specifications and collaborate with the architecture, physical design and verification teams to mitigate ensure potential issues as early as possible. This could include tasks such as implementing components of the micro-architecture, targeting leading-edge technology nodes, balancing energy efficiency, performance and area constraints with project schedule, maintainability and coding elegance. You may also review synthesis and power reports, root-cause and resolve timing and power issues and ensure maximal QoR throughout your design.
3, 6 and 12 month internships are available.
- Currently enrolled in your 3rd year of a CE, EE, CS, or related field.
- Coursework focusing on modern, energy-efficient/low-power logic design techniques
- Strong familiarity with RTL design in Verilog/VHDL and understand the logic structures being inferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ambitious and well-organised
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under tight schedules
- An understanding of computer architecture including one or more of the following: high-speed CMOS processor and controller blocks, cache controllers, bus-interface subsystems, integer and floating-point numeric units, digital filters, crossbar fabrics and other high-speed data-path control units
- Currently enrolled in your penultimate year of your BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng/PhD from a reputable university.