Hardware Applications Engineer Graduate 2021
Arm’s Application Engineers ensure success for customers by providing timely, leading-edge knowledge through delivery of customer support and creative services.
As a Graduate Hardware Application Engineer, within our Partner Enablement team, you could be helping customers to:
- Integrate Arm processors (CPU, GPU) into their SoC designs.
- Deploy a wide range of Arm system IP (Network-on-chip, Controllers, etc.).
- Benchmark suitable configurations within their system design space, using established benchmarks and, for GPU, the latest consumer content.
- Tune the physical design process to hit power, frequency, and area targets within schedule.
As part of your graduate role you will have the opportunity to rotate through different teams, giving you a wide exposure to the Arm products and groups.
What you'll do
The role of the Graduate Hardware Applications Engineer is to solve problemsin one, or more, of the areas listed above. The role requires a mix of broad technical knowledge, analytical skills, and customer awareness.
Primarily, you will need to be able to analyse complex customer-presentedengineering problems and provide comprehensive responses to enable the customer to make progress. Such inquiries maybe presented by email, web portal, telephone or in face to face meetings.
You will have additional responsibility for helping to improve our products,provide additional services that assist our partners in embracing new technology.
What you'll do
- Develop helpful example projects, such as novel combinations of Arm IP, debug and configuration tooling and methodology, modifications to physical design flows for customer specific targets. Write application notes and knowledge base articles to help guide customer engineers in advance of the need for them to contact us.nContribute to upcoming product releases and documentation. Raise defects and enhancement requests to help raise the bar on quality and consistency across the Arm product portfolio.
- Staff customer project reviews and additional creative service offerings.
- These activities will require regular communication with the product engineering and architecture teams as well as the dedicated documentation teams. You will bridge the gap between product development and product usage
- Finally, you will provide in-depth technical training to customers worldwide, facilitating direct discussions with partners about their projects in a classroom environment.To do this, you should be open to domestic and international travel opportunities (post Covid-19 pandemic).
What you'll need
You will build on your bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant degree subject.
- Familiarity with processor architecture and SoC design principles
- Good understanding of HDLs such as Verilog, SystemVerilog or VHDL
- Knowledge of bus protocols, esp. AMBA, is a plus
- Understanding of semiconductor manufacturing flow: how RTL code gets turned into functioning silicon
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are vital for success; we are looking for excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a global team.
- Adaptive problem-solving skills with a capability to debug complex engineering issues
- Dedicated, hardworking and customer empathetic.
- We seek passion and flexibility in putting customers first; you are hardworking with a real desire for enabling others to succeed.
- Previous work experience within a soft IP or SoCdevelopment environment would be an advantage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At Arm, we are proud to have core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions. Our beliefs define how we work together, and how we evaluate you. Here is a preview:
- We, Not I: Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive. Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
- Passion for Progress: Difficult things can take unexpected directions; stick with it. The essence of progress is that it can’t stop; grow with it and lead your own progress.
- Be Your Brilliant Self: Be quirky not egocentric. Make trust our default position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.