Graduate Software Developer
You will join our growing software development team across offices in London, Birmingham and Manchester to work on our Oasys Suite software. The Oasys Suite is used by engineers around the world to prepare LS-DYNA finite element models for analysis and to post-process the results, enabling them to analyse complex problems such as vehicle crash tests and the performance of tall buildings during earthquakes.
The Oasys LS-DYNA software is a unique area of business for Arup. This complex suite of engineering software products is written in-house and sold worldwide to major organisations in automotive, aerospace, nuclear and civil engineering industries.
You will be part of the team developing software used to prepare finite element models and interpret analysis results ultimately helping to bring exciting products to life.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Designing and coding new features for our software programmesPRIMER, D3PLOT, T/HIS and REPORTER
- Maintaining the code for existing features
- Writing automated tests for your code
- Providing day-to-day technical support to customers
- Carrying out release tasks from quality assurance to documenting new features
You will benefit from our commitment to helping you develop your career:
- Support and training to develop your skills
- Potential for you to identify and develop new tools, features or products
- Opportunities for client contact through regular meetings, delivering training courses and attending industry events
Is this role right for you?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Maths, Physics or Computer Science (2.1 or above or equivalent)
- Strong background in maths
- Enthusiasm for coding and a willingness to learn
- Desire to combine technical knowledge with software development
- Experience of finite element analysis software is advantageous
- Knowledge of C or Fortran is useful
We're looking for people who are curious and ready to evolve how you think and work. Our strength comes from how we respect, share and connect our diverse experiences, perspectives and ideas. At Arup, you belong to an extraordinary collective – in which we encourage individuality to thrive. If you can share your knowledge and ideas and encourage others to do the same; whilst having a desire to deliver excellent services for clients – we'd like to hear from you.
You should be able to start this opportunity in September 2024.