Junior Project Manager
We are looking for a Junior Project Manager to work in a fun, dynamic, and exciting “Asda Culture” environment. This is a chance to work for a business that can offer you great career potential and offer flexible working and great benefits. We put a lot of investment into our colleagues and are committed to ensuring that you will receive the relevant training and support to provide you with the opportunity to progress within one of the world's largest companies.
The Junior Project Manager will join our existing team and will be responsible for managing small to medium sized IT projects, with you working on several projects at any one time. The team delivers a diverse portfolio of projects that enable technology across all areas of the Asda business.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Creating and delivering project plans and prioritisation of project activity to meet the overall business project objectives
- Managing the project stage gates per the Asda project management best practice and the IT Lifecycle (Waterfall / Agile) methodologies
- Identifying and communicating project risks, concerns and issues and escalate to the Programme Manager
- Understanding, prioritising, and managing the changes to scope, timescales, costs, resourcing, and third parties
- Delivering products in a serviceable state including hand-over to service support teams
- Ensuring compliance with local and global IT standards
- Preparing and delivering regular project communications to all key stakeholders
- Maintaining the project risk log, ensuring appropriate actions are in place to manage the risks per their priority
- Tracking and managing the project budget in line with PMO guidance
- Co-ordinating key project resources
What you will need:
- Proven track record of managing a small team of cross-functional resources
- Proven record of interpersonal and communication skills, managing risk, and the appropriate escalation
- Proven track record of project delivery using a project methodology and lifecycle (Desirable)
- Project management qualification (Desirable)
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda, we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is based at Asda House, Leeds with the flexibility to work from home 2-3 days per week
You will also get an excellent benefits package including:
- Discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking, and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.