Engineering (Systems Test) Undergraduate Placement 2024
Smartphones, computers, networks, self-driving cars, intelligent machines, the latest medical advances, renewable energy – the digital transformation makes our lives easier, safer, and more comfortable.
And we are at the center of it all: The world's leading technology companies manufacture their products with innovative solutions from ASMPT.
About the role
Join us where we’re enabling the digital world to realise its incredible potential, and we’ll support you to realise yours too.
Our technology powers everything with a digital component: we produce innovative equipment that enables the world’s biggest names in electronics to bring their technology to market. We also enjoy a forward-thinking environment where continuous investment powers opportunities to work on exciting new projects on a global scale.
And while we have offices – and career opportunities - around the world, the real magic happens at our Product Line Innovation Centre in Weymouth, where our people are quietly but confidently working to enable and evolve digitisation on a global scale.
Our People enjoy challenge and opportunity in equal measure, we sharpen our skills and knowledge, we’re exposed to multiple disciplines, and experiment at the cutting edge. And we get to do it all where our people come first, in a collaborative and friendly environment, and everyone enjoys living and working in a location that offers the best of city, country, and coast.
We think you’ll like it too.
We have opportunity for you to join this incredible business within the Systems Test team and support them with developing and performing software and systems testing on world class SMT printing equipment.
What you'll do
- Undertake testing of complete machines and modules
- Examine and analyse fault reports
- Perform System Testing, ensuring all measurements are taken and appropriate specifications are completed
- Provide feedback on test progress, defects found and observations
- Provide alternative solutions to rectify identified faults
- Contribute to achieve deadlines of the team's projects
- Liaise with engineers across all disciplines to obtain technical details relating to the faults
It’s an exciting place to be. Ideas evolve in front of your eyes and we’re constantly pivoting and adapting to meet the needs of tomorrow’s technologies. The possibilities here are limitless, the opportunities are huge, and our culture is warm and friendly.
Our people are some of the brightest experts around and everyone has a voice here. It’s a great place to be if you like to see your ideas turn into action. But we tend not to shout about it too loudly. You could say we’re the tech sector’s best-kept secret!
Enabling the incredible digital world offers enormous scope to develop your career beyond traditional ideas of progression or promotion. Enabling is always evolving.
We want to hear from enthusiastic individuals who are currently studying for a degree in a relevant engineering discipline and:
- Are a proficient user of Microsoft such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Are able to communicate effectively face to face and in writing with people at various levels in the organisation to build stable and useful working relationships
- Are able to organise their own time and workload
- Are able to work under own initiative, requesting support when required
- Are able to work on multiple projects at the same time
Our culture is unique. Unlike many of our more corporate competitors, we strive to maintain a people-first, family-like culture that people appreciate and enjoy. It’s conducive to collaboration, to encouraging feedback and enabling innovation.
We will offer you
Few organisations can rival our complete package of exciting, leading-edge work in an exceptional location that offers a fantastic quality of life.
- A competitive Salary
- £1,000 starter bonus
- Hybrid Working
- Mental Health and Wellbeing support
- Annual Leave starting at 25 days
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Financial Wellbeing Support
- Company Social Events - from twice a year company gatherings, a Christmas party for our employee’s children, to walking groups, environmental groups, football, volleyball and sailing.
Your CV and cover letter will be initially reviewed by our external recruitment partner Cogito who will email you with an update on your application.