Computational Chemistry Industrial Placement
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. We work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing.
We are looking to recruit for a 12 Month Industrial Placement in Computational Chemistry in Cambridge, UK.
You will join as a member of the Computational Chemistry team within the Oncology Medicinal Chemistry Department, and will be involved in a range of computational chemistry research activities relevant to drug discovery. The purpose of these activities is to support our medicinal chemistry design efforts to discover and optimise new drugs in the Oncology therapeutic area.
Examples of tasks the individual might conduct during the placement are:
- Carrying out structure and ligand-based drug design
- Analysing molecular solvation
- Analysis of data from literature and high-throughput screens
- Employing machine learning algorithms
The placement will aim to provide candidates an opportunity to gain knowledge of/ experience in:
- Structure- and Ligand-based drug discovery
- Usage of modern commercial software packages such as Maestro and MOE
- Introduction to core computational and medicinal chemistry concepts
- Working within a team
Currently undertaking an undergraduate chemistry degree with the opportunity to spend 1 year in industry starting in September 2021.