Research and Development (R&D) Graduate Programme 2021
If you have a science based bachelor’s or master’s degree and a desire to explore your scientific potential within a global biopharmaceutical organisation, our Research and Development (R&D) Graduate Programme could be the perfect start to your career. You’ll gain invaluable insight, exposure and opportunities across our diverse, Research and Development organisation. We’ll accelerate your learning and help you achieve your potential as a research scientist.
What does the programme involve?
Starting in September 2021, the programme lasts two years, consisting of three individual eight month placements. Each placement will provide you with fantastic insights in to drug discovery and development and the opportunity to expand your knowledge of our therapy areas. The programme’s variety and flexibility provides you with unique exposure within chemistry, molecular biology, biochemistry, pharmacology amongst other scientific areas. As well as helping you broaden your scientific knowledge, we’ll help you develop ‘soft’ skills required to fulfil your career potential.
You will gain an invaluable blend of on-the-job experience and coaching. You’ll enjoy guidance and advice from a huge support network, including a mentor and dedicated programme manager. We’ll also encourage you to identify and build collaborative relationships with specialists and leaders across our organisation, and our external networks including leading academic and biotech research institutions. Together, we’ll help accelerate your development and knowledge!
- A 2:1 (UK) / GPA 3 (US) / VG Grade (Sweden) or local equivalent Bachelor’s degree, or a Master’s level qualification, in any life science or chemistry related subject awarded in 2020 or due to be awarded in 2021.
- Passionate about working in drug discovery, and committed to helping to push the boundaries of science to deliver life changing medicines to patients.
- Proactive problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Collaborative, with a partnership approach to achieving success.
Together, we push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients around the world!
Our virtual assessment events will be held on week commencing 15th March 2021.