Data Scientist 2021
At AXA UK, we’re proud to be listed as the 2021 top insurance company to work for on Glassdoor (24th Best Place to Work overall), reflecting our amazing people, benefits and culture! We’re on an exciting growth trajectory, investing in our workforce of the future and now have a requirement to recruit a permanent full time (35 hours P/W) Data Scientist to join the AXA Retail team.
As part of our new smart working strategy, the Data Scientist position can be a ‘Location Independent / Hybrid office worker’, with team meetings held in Weybridge (Surrey) 2-3 times a month and therefore some travel to this Retail office will be required and we are happy to talk flexible working.
The position is open to candidates who have a previous Data Science working background but equally recent graduates who have achieved a 2:1 or above in a Data Science / Analytics related degree will be considered.
About the role as Data Scientist with AXA Retail
Joining AXA as a Data Scientist you will become a team member of the Data Science area of Data and Analytics who are responsible for researching innovative project initiatives. This includes design and implementation of models and exploratory deep dive analysis; all of which will ultimately help improve the customer experience and positively contribute to AXA Retail’s financial performance and strategy.
As a Data Scientist you will work with the Data Innovation Manager and Head of Data Science to help define and deliver innovative initiatives, in order to increase / improve metrics including (but not limited to); customer satisfaction, conversion, cross-sell, retention and lifetime value. You will participate in (and sometimes lead) Data Science projects and manage the communication of results and learnings, with a focus on implementation, collaboration and exploration.
Working closely with the other areas of Data and Analytics and the wider business will be key to maximise our commercial value and identify further opportunities from the data available.
- Understands the customer lifecycle and helps optimise performance at each customer touchpoint, as well as acquisition ROI and improvements to the customer journey.
- Assist the wider business with data driven decision making and customer centric analytical capability.
- Makes good use of external data to leverage the internal data for maximising benefits.
- Research and work with other entities on innovative projects and proactively plans for longer term benefits.
- Once deployed, initiatives are assessed against key metrics of increased customer satisfaction, conversion, cross-sell, retention and lifetime value.
- Takes a key role in internal forums and actively shares opinions.
- Is an active member of the Data Science Community.
Joining as a Data Scientist, AXA will fully support you in studying for the Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) qualification - the premier global professional certification for analytics practitioners. On passing each exam/course, and subject to satisfactory performance and appropriate progress with completing the Personal and Professional Development, incremental increases to salary for each exam passed will be applied.
This role is ideal for a Data Scientist who has experience in coding, specifically with SQL, and R or Python. Knowledge and experience of Azure and DataBricks would be particularly desirable, as well as building models from scratch. You will have the ability to work across structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, extracting information and identifying linkages across disparate data sets.
Other skills required
- Experience of working on Data Science projects / initiatives and can evidence several different modelling techniques and analytical approaches.
- Experience of cloud technologies – e.g. GCP and Azure.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
- A proactive and creative individual with excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving capability – ability to develop practical solutions with the big picture in mind.
- General understanding of insurance or financial services products, in particular personal lines business or other digitally transacted b2c industries.
- 2.1 or higher degree in a highly mathematical subject (Maths, Statistics, Economics, Physics, Engineering or similar).
What we Offer
At AXA UK, we’re appreciative of the people who work for us and our rewards package is reviewed regularly to reflect that. You can expect to receive:
- £30-45k annual salary DOE
- Annual performance/company bonus and annual salary review
- Enhanced contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
- Life Cover (up to 10 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays rising to 28 days with service
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
- Enhanced parental leave
- Opportunity to buy Shares
- Flexible benefit options and multiple local and national discounts
- Flexible worker – home and office.
If you’ve the drive and passion to succeed and are looking for a new opportunity within an award-winning company, this Data Scientist role with AXA is for you. To discuss this role or find out more information, please contact our dedicated In-House Recruitment Expert, Harriet Griffiths at firstname.lastname@example.org
At AXA, we’re proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds.