Trainee Fund Accountant Southampton 2023
The purpose of this position is to assist with the routine day-to-day accounting of fund structures under the direction of a Financial Reporting Manager.
- Assist with all aspects of the bookkeeping of funds, management companies and associated fund structures
- Assist with all aspects of accounting matters, including the preparation, reconciliation and proofing of investor reports, statutory financial statements, and ad hoc investor requests
- Assist with the completion of routine audit queries
- Prepare periodic bank reconciliations and provide or source supporting documentation evidencing transactions
- Maintain accurate records on eFront and Microsoft Excel working paper schedules for all aspects of bookkeeping
- Assist in the preparation and reconciliation of periodic direct and indirect tax returns
Skills, knowledge, expertise
- Relevant degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance (Bachelor or Master degree)
- The candidate will be expected to study for a relevant professional qualification (supported by the Aztec Group)
- Between 0 - 2 years experience
- Sound technical financial services knowledge (to be supported through the Aztec Academy)
- Computer literacy skills are essential
We will provide the training, both in-house for relevant technical knowledge and also for professional qualifications to enhance both your professional development and ability to provide sound accountancy services. You will need to be quick to learn new systems and great with people, as close working relationships between our colleagues and clients are at the heart of what we do.