Digital & Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship (Data Analytics Pathway) Bristol 2024
Join us as a Data Analyst in training and help us make critical business decisions when they count. In this 5-year programme, you’ll gain a BSc Honours Degree in Digital and Technology Solutions and set yourself up for a career in data analytics.
About the programme
On this 5-year degree apprenticeship, you’ll learn core technical skills and gain real-world experience of digital and technology solutions in action through a blend of university studies and work placements. You’ll learn how to produce technical documentation, code and schematics including:
- Cyber security designs
- Software in a variety of different languages
- PLC control
- Concept designs
- Electrical and electronic design
- Database management
You’ll complete your university studies on a part-time basis across four years. Years 1 and 2 will provide you with a solid basis in the digital environment. In years 3 and 4, your studies will focus on your chosen specialism: Data Analytics.
In year 5 you will enter your substantive role in an area of the business you want to specialise in, and at the end of the year (upon successful completion of the degree and apprenticeship), you’ll qualify as a Data Analyst.
Data Analytics at Babcock
Babcock as is an advanced user of information and data analytics. How we use data is pivotal to our future business success. Using data, we provide information and decision-making support at the point of need enabling the most critical parts of our business to support our customers in making decisions that count.
On the Data Analytics Pathway you will gain real life experience working in:
- Mathematical modelling and simulation
- Statistical analysis
- Predictive analysis
- Data visualisation
- Information related technology development
At the end of your apprenticeship, you’ll have earned a BSc Honours Degree in Digital and Technology Solutions and gained rich work experience within your chosen specialism.
From undertaking general project management activities including project planning, resourcing, budgeting, document management and configuration control, you will have also gained valuable project management skills.
Your technical training will be supplemented with in-house training courses and soft skill training to help you develop your personal and team working skills.
What you’ll need
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs, all at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent).
- A minimum of 3 A Levels at grade B or above, preferably in related subjects such as Mathematics, Science and IT, or a BTEC Extended Diploma at MMM, or other qualifications equivalent to 96 UCAS tariff points.
- You’ll also need to have good proficiency in IT, awareness of software development tools and web technologies including HTML and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. Further details are available at United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you’ll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
- Fully funded qualification
- Personal development training and opportunities
- Minimum 28 days holiday allowance including bank holidays
- Competitive pension scheme
- Employee share scheme
- Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme and employee shopping savings portal
You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach activities and volunteering opportunities, which our apprentices find incredibly rewarding.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Apprentice Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partners, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.