Software Engineering Graduate Programme 2024
Salary: Competitive* *Minimum £31,000. Salary is dependent on location, role and qualifications.
Location: Bristol, England
Closing date: 14 December 2023
Start date: Autumn 2024
About the programme
Many of the systems that we create are driven by our own high-performance software. From harsh environments to complex architectures and strict information assurance, our software needs to be proven, reliable and fully integrated. This programme will teach you how to achieve this for everything from a desktop application to a measurement system on a nuclear power plant.
As part of this programme, we encourage mobility across our sectors to give you a broader experience and wider exposure to our business.
Software Engineering at Babcock
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you’ll need to look at the big picture and understand how the software interacts with the system and its interfaces.
You could be working on a huge variety of different projects. You could focus on something as small as an audio console for a communications project. Or you could work on something as large as a handling system on a world-class ship.
Whatever you work on, you may be closely involved in the design, specification, implementation, and testing of software and associated systems.
What you'll need
- A BEng/BSc (Hons) degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related discipline ideally accredited by the IET.
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. Further details are available at United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance. roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Graduate Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partner Gen Healthy Minds, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.