Field Engineering Summer Internship Aberdeen 2023
Would you like the opportunity to work in a global energy company?
Do you enjoy taking on challenging projects?
The Baker Hughes Internship is designed to enable students pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree to gain hands-on work experience as the foundation of their professional lives during a period of 6 weeks in July and August.
Our internships will give you first-hand insights into the processes, systems, and practices that are aligned to ensure customer needs are met through flawless execution and the application of leading-edge technology.
You’ll participate in focused training, and team meetings, work on projects, and present your results. During your internship, you will be supported by a buddy and your manager who will ensure you have a valuable learning experience. You will also have the opportunity to become familiar with the Health, Safety, and Environment (HS&E) and culture of Baker Hughes.
What you'll do
- Completing internal projects to deliver customer outcomes and identify business improvements
- Learning internal software to assist with the completion of projects and tasks
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams and interns to interact and network with global business leaders
- Applying Health, Safety, and Environment (HS&E) standards and procedures in all situations to ensure compliance is maintained
- Receiving coaching and mentoring to enable you to complete assignments and projects to develop your learning and skillset
- Be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's level degree in Engineering, Technology, Mechanics, other STEM-related or business related program.
- Have maintained a grade of 2:2 or above
- Be fluent in oral and written English and have effective communication skills
- Have the legal right to work without restrictions in the UK
- Have a desire to work long term in the field
Working at Baker Hughes means being at the forefront of the energy transition. Our people are diverse, ambitious, and collaborative. We're on a mission to redefine the energy sector by unlocking the power of engineering, data, and science.
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.