Corporate Banking Internship
Our Summer Analyst program is designed to offer you a broad and exciting experience of work as a full time Corporate Banking analyst. During the summer you will be working across a diverse range of industries and products.
Global Corporate Banking is focused on relationship management of large capital global corporate and financial institution clients, managing the day-to-day relationship as well as origination of new business with specific responsibility for delivering financing, treasury and risk management advice and execution to our clients globally.
Your training and development is our top priority with extensive formal training offered at the start of the program in addition to on the job support, educational speaker events and mentorship throughout.
As a summer analyst, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assist Global Corporate Banking professionals in relationship management, origination and execution across a diverse set of product areas
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our clients, the industries in which they operate and how the bank helps support both their growth aspirations and day-to-day banking requirements
- Provide market-informed judgments on a broad array of financing strategies to address clients' specific needs
- Help prepare detailed financial models and analytical presentations to provide advice across the capital structure
- Become proficient at credit analysis and the various metrics used to price and structure various debt instruments
- Gain familiarity with the legal and documentation aspects of various debt instruments
- Work on live transactions and interact with clients as you build your network and experience
- Help to generate ideas and cross selling opportunities for new and existing clients
- Assist in the development of client specific analysis (e.g. capital structure, acquisition finance)
- Work closely with Investment Banking, Capital Markets and Global Transaction Services teams on client coverage and origination
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation timeframe between January and December 2022
- Applications are accepted from a diverse range of degree disciplines such as the arts and humanities, as well as numerically focused subjects such as economics and mathematics
- Fluency in English is essential for all roles and a second European language may also be required for some roles.
- For some roles within Emerging Markets (including sub-Sahara Africa, Russia and China), a knowledge of those regions is required so that support in the marketing of products, advising and coordinating the marketing effort to existing and potential investor base in the emerging markets region can be provided
- Strong A-level grades and on track for a minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent)
- You'll need to demonstrate drive, innovation and a genuine interest in the financial markets
- Team-work, leadership and problem-solving skills, plus creativity are key qualities, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and interact with a variety of people
- Displays analytical and problem-solving skills
- Influences decisions and outcomes through effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates integrity and ethics by earning other’s trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions
The worlds of sustainable finance, workplace culture and technology are evolving fast. Together we can shape them to be smarter, greener, safer and more inclusive.
At Bank of America, we care deeply about our planet and the people on it. That’s why each year we provide billions of dollars in financing for sustainable business activities. We develop emerging technology to help organizations gain funding more safely, rapidly and globally than ever.
Join us and we’ll help you shape your own world through opportunities to learn, grow and belong. You’ll work in collaborative global teams with mentorship programs, employee networks and events to build friendships and support.
As a valued member of our team with responsibilities from day one, we’ll ask that you take the time to understand our Code of Conduct and how we manage risk.
We need all kinds of people, perspectives and skills, so if you’re as passionate as we are about making the world better, this could be the opportunity for you.
Our recruitment process
Analyst internship and full-time recruiting takes place on a rolling basis once our applications are open. Assessments often begin before the deadline, so it’s best to submit your application early as this will give you the best chance of being considered for the role.
We care deeply about shaping the world of work to be an equal and inclusive one – and that starts with our recruitment process. We know just how important and valuable it is to have a wide range of skills, backgrounds and experiences shaping our work and ideas. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we’re proud to focus on attracting, retaining and developing diverse talent within Bank of America. Together, we aim to mirror the customers, clients and communities we serve.