Prime Brokerage Account Management Off-Cycle Programme
Global Markets delivers a wide range of securities products and services, powerful sales and trading capabilities and deep risk management expertise across asset classes. Closely aligned with Global Corporate & Investment Banking's client-managed groups, Global Markets product specialists anticipate and meet the needs of more than 3,000 institutional investors and 7,000 issuer clients.
Leveraging our local relationships and broad global capabilities, we provide our clients with creative and innovative ideas and market insights, trading services, analytics and new products across a broad spectrum of asset classes. These range from interest rate and credit products, foreign exchange, real estate and commodities to cash equities and equity-linked products - all with the goal of enabling our clients to maximise their performance.
Your training and development is our top priority with extensive formal training offered at the start of the program in addition to on the job support, educational speaker events and mentorship throughout.
- Our Off Cycle Interns participate in a 12 month programme within Account Management in Prime Brokerage.
- Mirroring the role of full-time Account Managers, this programme acts as a unique opportunity to gain exposure to life in Account Management; strengthening relationships with our hedge fund clients through excellent servicing of accounts, seeking commercial opportunities to drive business in the future and proactively spotting efficiency improvements to reduce risks and enhance existing processes.
- Given the Industrial Placement acts as a hiring channel for our Prime Brokerage Graduate Programme, you will be given responsibilities early and will be relied on to make a significant contribution to the team and to the clients whose relationships you manage.
- The development of our Industrial Placement Interns is crucial to the bank – We aim to equip our interns with all necessary skills to be successful in Prime Brokerage; building on knowledge and abilities developed educationally to provide a solid foundation at the at outset of your career.
- The programme begins with firm wide orientation, and continues throughout the Industrial Placement year with on the job training, a buddy/ mentoring system, and a chance to develop a strong network through firm organised events.
- As the programme mirrors the role of full-time Account Managers, it also includes goal-setting and a formal review process as well as plenty of opportunity to interact and work with internal teams and senior managers.
- Gain an in-depth introduction to the bank, its culture and global reach, alongside other newly hired analysts.
- Build material relationships through direct interaction with our hedge fund clients whilst servicing accounts efficiently and effectively.
- Learn from teams of professionals across the bank, whilst working within experienced coverage teams, to enhance knowledge of Prime Brokerage products, processes and the trading strategies of our clients.
- Produce in depth profitability analysis of your sub set of clients to help highlight business growth opportunities and prospective revenue adjacencies.
- In addition to regular responsibilities, collaborate on exciting and challenging longer-term projects that will continue throughout the internship period, such as identification and implementation of operational efficiency improvements to streamline processes.
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university completing a four year degree with a sandwich year in industry built into their course
- Strong A-level grades and on track for a minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent)
- Applications are accepted from a diverse range of degree disciplines such as the arts and humanities, as well as numerically focused subjects such as economics and mathematics
- Fluency in English is essential and a second European language may also be required for some roles
- You'll need to demonstrate drive, innovation and a genuine interest in the financial markets
- Ability to grasp a wide variety of products and to handle more projects simultaneously
- Team-working, leadership and problem-solving skills, plus creativity are key qualities, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and interact with a variety of people
- Demonstrates Accountability and Productivity
- Displays analytical and problem-solving skills
- Influences decisions and outcomes through effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team environment to achieve goals and deliverables
- Demonstrates integrity and ethics by earning other’s trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions