Junior Production Management Assistant
The In-House Children’s Productions team produce award winning, multi-platform content for all of our young audiences on CBeebies, CBBC, iPlayer and BBC Sounds. The In House Production Unit supports all multi-genre, multi-platform production across the entire In House Production Slate. Children’s In House Productions are seeking a Junior Production Management Assistant with no previous experience required.
The role will work across the unit providing administrative assistance to a variety of different productions across Comedy & Entertainment, Pre-School and Factual.
The Junior Production Management Assistant will:
- Deliver high quality support to managers, building and maintaining a close relationship with the management team.
- Provide efficient and effective diary management. This includes organising and scheduling meetings, calls, conferences and events, booking rooms and equipment/hospitality, creating agendas, preparing documents in a timely manner, and writing and distributing detailed minutes.
- Co-ordinate logistics such as travel, accommodation, hotels and hospitality, whilst ensuring that all bookings are made within the parameters set by BBC policy.
- General administrative tasks such as managing annual leave requests for the department, and proactively flag potential diary conflicts. You will also be using BBC systems for purchasing requests.
- Additionally you will be expected to assist with cover across the division, covering peaks of work, annual leave and sickness etc.
Are you the right candidate?
- You will be interested in learning about end to end Children’s TV production, be passionate about developing a career in Production Management and willing to learn through gaining experience in a busy department.
- You will be pro-active and enthusiastic, with proven problem solving, organisation and planning skills.
- Have experience of working in a fast paced environment, managing different tasks and conflicting demands to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to establish, maintain and manage effective relationships within a diverse team.
- Working experience of various packages in MS Office e.g. Word and Excel. Strong Powerpoint and Photoshop skills are desirable.
- Ability to use own initiative with confidence, using judgement to escalate where necessary.
- Able to work collaboratively and willing to contribute to ad hoc projects.
- Previous administration work would be desirable but not essential.
This role requires a relevant DBS check to be undertaken by the BBC at the appropriate level, at the point of offer of a contract of employment.
Please note that the application process will only ask you to upload a CV. Please therefore ensure that your CV highlights as far as possible the above skills and experience.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.