Junior External Relationship Manager Analyst 2021
The Strategic Coverage and Business Development team (SCBD) is responsible for delivering the full depth and breadth of BlackRock’s capabilities to a subset of our largest clients on a global basis. These include global financial institutions, public pensions, insurers, official institutions and corporations.
The SCBD goals are to: (1) Provide a structure and holistic approach to clients to uncover and execute on transformational opportunities across EMEA (2) Build on account planning to deploy c-suite against commercial opportunities (3) Create an integrated framework to proactively drive Solutions in EMEA across both Wealth and Institutional clients
This role is within the EMEA SCBD team, who manage the overall firmwide EMEA Client relationships (covering 125 clients, circa. 70% of the BLK EMEA business) driving strategic coverage, account planning and senior management engagement. Partnering with the wider BlackRock organisation to identify and execute on the commercial opportunities across EII, Active, Alternatives, Aladdin, Cash, FMA and others.
Within this, the daily role will focus on delivery, monitoring and applying a data-driven approach to account planning overall for EMEA, and a specific focus on the UK client business. The position will be based in London.
- Work on a small, focused team with extensive day-to-day contact with senior business leaders and stakeholders across BlackRock.
- Support Senior Partner on high-touch, complex client relationships to drive the process of setting and executing on enterprise relationship strategy including:
- Partner with assigned Accountable Executives (AEs) to identify opportunities for revenue growth and executive-level engagement
- Support delivery of impactful account planning sessions in order to share client knowledge and connect the enterprise around revenue growth opportunities
- Write briefing memos for senior BlackRock executives
- Serve as an SCBD primary contact point for a subset of SCBD accounts
- In charge of the operational day to day tasks for all aspects of the Focus Client Program
- Support in preparation of all materials for account reviews including preparation of account plans and company strategic report summaries
- Project manage aspects of the action points and opportunity tracking
- Prepare KPI dashboards and regular update emails and presentations on key client intelligence and trends for Senior Leaders (EEX, GEC)
- Liaise with FP&A on the key client reports for on-time and accurate production of financials
- Maintain the review schedule and pipeline of future account plans, check-ins for completion and help with the logistics for the meetings
- 1-2 years’ experience in asset management, consultancy or relevant financial services capacity
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills being comfortable developing relationships across all levels internally and externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Robust quantitative skills along with demonstrated analytical ability.
- Tableau a plus – but training provided
- Acute attention to detail and proven tenacious executor
- Self-starter with a thirst for continuous learning
- PowerPoint proficiency
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.