Real Estate Private Equity Off-Cycle 2021 Internship
Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $564 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Blackstone’s real estate business was founded in 1991 and has $167 billion of investor capital under management. Blackstone is one of the largest property owners in the world, owning and operating assets across every major geography and sector, including logistics, multifamily and single family housing, office, hospitality and retail. Our opportunistic funds seek to acquire undermanaged, well-located assets across the world.
Blackstone’s Real Estate Private Equity Group offers interns the experience on a professional team whose work involves the acquisition of real estate-related companies, portfolios of real estate assets and individual properties worldwide. Interns at Blackstone have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of real estate investing and can expect to be staffed on a number of transactions at once. Due to the relatively small size of the professional staff, Analysts are expected to assume integral roles on deal teams. Interns are involved with the development, structuring and financing of transactions and regularly attend both internal and external meetings, negotiations and due diligence sessions.
Interns will work on a wide range of transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings, recapitalizations, joint ventures and leveraged buyouts.
Interns work will include:
- Real estate and public company valuation analysis
- Excel modeling
- Market research
- Data mining
- Performing various analyses to assist in making investment decisions
- Development of presentations
- Assisting with due diligence and execution of transactions
- Drafting of memoranda for internal and external use
- Assisting with legal negotiations and due diligence
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The successful candidate should have:
- Strong communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to write effectively
- A desire to work in a team environment, often under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity
- Good judgment
- A desire to contribute to a positive culture
To be considered for the Off-Cycle position, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as a bachelor or masters student
- Anticipated graduation date: 2022
- CV must include expected graduation month/year and grade
- CV must be in PDF format