BloombergNEF Analyst Internship 2021
At BloombergNEF (formerly Bloomberg New Energy Finance/BNEF), we help our clients gain a clear perspective on the trends in technology, finance, policy and economics that are driving transformation in energy, transport and industry. We are a subscription service providing research and analysis to key stakeholders across the energy value chain.
BloombergNEF is seeking a talented, highly-motivated intern to join our research team in London for a 10 week summer internship, starting June 2021. The successful candidate will undertake research and analysis relating to the transition towards a low-carbon economy, working alongside our specialists in energy, transport and industry.
We will trust you to:
- Conduct research on topics such as renewable energy, electric vehicles, energy storage, distributed energy and power markets
- Perform a variety of analyses such as market sizing, policy/regulatory research and forecasting
- Speak with industry figures and BloombergNEF clients to gather information and opinions
- Publish written research on topics covered
You’ll need to have:
- A demonstrable interest and enthusiasm for energy and low-carbon industries
- Excellent critical thinking, whether quantitative or qualitative
- Good communication skills: writing (for research projects) and speaking (for presentations). Written and spoken English must be excellent
- Ability to act as a self-starter, have a high work-rate and ability to work on parallel tasks with attention to detail
- Ability to derive information from public sources and in-person / telephone interviews
- Working knowledge of Excel and other MS Office applications
- Ability to commence a full-time role with us beginning in 2021 (post-internship) or 2022
- Availability to commit to the entire intern programme length (10 weeks from 28th June – 3rd September 2021)
We’d love to see:
- An understanding of energy, policy, transport and/or environmental markets
- Additional language skills
Does this sound like you? Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!