Junior Marketing Manager 2021
Founded in 2006, BlueOptima is the only company providing objective software development productivity metrics. The technology has been implemented by some of the world’s largest organisations including insurance companies, telecoms and nine of the world’s top twelve Universal Banks. This successful product uptake has led to rapid expansion of the company, which since commercialising in 2014, has doubled its revenue and head-count year upon year, with no signs of stopping!
BlueOptima is a profitable, high-growth independent software company with six global locations (HQ in London and 5 additional offices in India, Mexico and the US) and is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Our distinctive technology was initially devised in seminal research carried out at Cambridge University, and we now have enabled some of the largest and most successful organisations in the world to deliver better software, faster and at a lower cost. Our technology is pushing the limits of complex analytics on large data-sets with more than 15 billion static source code metric observations of software engineers working in an Enterprise software development environment.
By putting the customer first, we have since developed three new ground-breaking products to help our client base get the best out of their software through understanding the efficiency of their software development teams.
Whom are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly organised and logically-minded individual, who is a self starter and seeks an exciting product marketing position within a fast-growing SaaS company to work in our London HQ office near Elephant & Castle in Central London.
The role best suits those who have a hands-on approach, can think outside of the box and are keen to learn.
- Growing our marketing function at BlueOptima working closely with the marketing and the product teams
- Lead our messaging & positioning, content development, and customer story development efforts for the BlueOptima product landscape
- Develop product positioning and messaging for key product launches and features, considering factors like the value proposition, target audience, competitive landscape and wider product pipeline
- Bring our core value to life through internal and external communications, standout presentations, keynotes, website, enablement content, sales plays, campaigns and more Content: Responsible for the development of customer-facing content for external awareness and consideration campaigns (blogs, eBooks, videos, white papers, and infographics)
- Create the go-to-market plan, working closely with Product Development, Design, Marketing, PR and Business Intelligence to build effective launch strategies, including: setting target audience and objectives, developing compelling creative assets, and launch strategies to drive demand, adoption and success of launch
- Responsible for preparing customer proof points (stories, web stories, use cases, references, videos)
- Identify product education initiatives and opportunities to ensure that our customers are always supported and fully understand the value of our propositions
- Develop a pipeline of testing initiatives to improve effectiveness of campaigns and building understanding on how to target new audiences and acquire customers through product marketing
- Contribute learnings and ideation to help build and evolve our wider brand strategies and initiatives
- 2+ years of experience in a Marketing or Product marketing role, ideally within the SaaS enterprise software space
- Strong knowledge and experience in reporting and analytics
- Strong sense of ownership and a “whatever it takes” attitude towards getting stuff done
- Outstanding, written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Good logical thinking and self-motivated problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to determine workload priorities
- A passion for products, technology and very data driven
- Experience or interested in programming skills optional
Why Work For Us?
Our product is unique within the market and, even with the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic, we have still maintained rapid growth within the company. With a large focus on learning and development, we want you to grow alongside us as we strive to be one of the most innovative global SaaS scale-ups today. The future is looking bright!
- Competitive salary
- Rapid growth and development
- Support for extra learning and development courses
- Work alongside like minded, passionate individuals
- Stimulating challenges where 2 days are never the same
- New, modern offices based in London
- Free coffee, tea, snacks and more
Our recruitment process comprises of four stages to practically test candidates’ abilities:
- Send us your CV - should you be shortlisted, a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact with you to arrange an initial chat.
- Should your skill set and attitude match the requirements of the role, we will arrange a second interview with the Hiring Manager of the role.
- The next step involves a work sample, which we allow you a maximum of 7 days to complete. Providing it is to a good standard, we will invite you to discuss the work sample with the hiring manager and another member of the team.