Demand Management Placement (BMW UK, Financial Services) Farnborough July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
Our Summit ONE in Farnborough is home to the National Sales Company for the BMW Group in the UK, as well as BMW Group Financial Services which offers retailers, corporate, and private customers a range of customised financial services. Alphabet (GB) Ltd. as a leading provider of Business Mobility Services is also located in Farnborough. We decided in November 2020 to bring together BMW Financial Services and Alphabet to stay relevant to our customers and continue to succeed in a rapidly changing business environment.
Within our self-contained campus, we offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
- Our work persona shift – being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency. For this reason, we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress.
- Flexible working hours - working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance, not burnout, through focusing on output, not attendance.
- The opportunity to get involved with our continued support of our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year.
- Throughout our offices, there are open creative spaces which hold facilities such as table-tennis tables to encourage innovation and employee engagement.
Demand Management & Governance
- Prepare the monthly project reporting pack for distribution by collaborating with Product Owners and Heads of Departments. You will gain insight into all UK projects and how project progress is tracked.
- Investigate and validate project business resources requirements from project teams and collate the project resource requirements in an Excel spreadsheet (known as the Heatmap). You will engage with all departments in the organisation, developing stakeholder communication skills.
- Support the continued Agile transformation across project teams by assisting with scheduling of Agile coaching/training and participation in workshops. You will develop knowledge of Agile project methodology and work closely with an Agile training provider.
- Create and distribute internal surveys to employees. You will use MS Office skills to analyse and present the survey results to internal stakeholders.
- Support the day-to-day management and implementation of change requests for internal systems (known as Business Enhancements). You will gain insight into the IT delivery process and build a strong relationship with the internal IT department.
- Support projects as required, including minute taking for steering committees and management meetings. You will gain exposure to the decision-making process of senior managers within the business.
- Support the facilitation and take minutes for the monthly Business Change Huddle where all Business Change Requests are discussed. You will develop knowledge of the delivery of projects, how internal change is managed and experience of facilitating meetings.
- Ownership and maintenance of the Process Management and Quality Team Intranet pages, utilising knowledge of the department to effectively communicate the team’s roles and responsibilities. This will provide you will knowledge of web page design and maintenance.
- Manage and maintain Jira and Confluence spaces. This will develop your skills on these platforms which are commonly used in Agile project management and delivery.
- Demonstrates the values & principles of our Customer Driven Organisation in their work & behaviours to consistently drive good customer outcomes & effortless experiences.
- GCSE level C+ (Or equivalent) English, Maths and Science
- Studying for a business related degree with a predicted grade of 2:1.
- Experience of working in a team.
- Experience of working with others.
- Strong written and verbal communication, influencing and facilitation skills.
- Ability to adapt working approach depending on specific requirements.
- Confidence to challenge the status quo and put forward suggestions for improvement
- Ability to work at both a detailed and high level
- Ability to be pro-active, self-starter with a high level of initiative.
- Ability to prioritise activities, work under pressure and multi-task
- Data analysis skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office suite (Specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Individual must be outgoing, inquisitive and confident with a professional approach
- Strong numerical and reasoning skills
Why choose us?
- Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com