Industrial Engineer Placement (BMW Plant Hams Hall) Birmingham July 2024
As an Industrial Engineering Intern, your key responsibilities will be:
- To gain an understanding and experience of the process of completing Methods Time Measurement (MTM) studies to analyse the required time to complete production processes
- To support the existing team with the data capture for MTM studies
- To support the existing team with the completion of MTM studies
- To support the company with suggested process improvements to increase efficiency, output and/or cost reduction
- To support the existing team with business data analytics using necessary tools such as Excel, PowerBI, etc.
- To work with external companies on the development of innovating the completion of MTM studies in the future for BMW Group
- To support the existing team with the migration of MTM data from the current to new systems
- Studying towards the successful completion of a relevant Engineering, Mathematics or Data Science degree on track to achieve a 2:1 or above
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite including Powerpoint, Excel, PowerB
Why choose us?
- Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £22,700, 26 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37 hours a week with a half-day on a Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, an on-site gym, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com