Logistic Service Provider & Despatch Management Placement (BMW Plant Hams Hall) Birmingham July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where our placement student really can learn and develop during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. You will become an integral part of the team from day one and be encouraged to bring your own ideas to the table – having the opportunity to really showcase what you can do.
BMW Group Plant Hams Hall is a modern, state-of-the-art engine manufacturing facility, located just outside Birmingham, UK. Producing the latest generation of three and four cylinder petrol engines, and precision machining key engine components, the plant has recently celebrated 20 years of successful production. Operating seven days a week, with more than one engine rolling off the line per minute, the plant plays a key role in BMW Group’s global production network, supplying engines for BMW and MINI, including some of the latest plug-in hybrid vehicles.
Logistic Service Provider & Despatch Management
Programme planning, production and despatch control is responsible for the development of strategic and medium-term production plans to meet customer demand and ensure timely delivery of engines in sequence. The department oversees the daily sequencing of production build and serves as a direct contact with customer vehicle plant to ensure engines are delivered just in time (JIT) and just in sequence (JIS). We are seeking a motivated and committed student to join our fast-paced team for 13 months, commencing July 2024.
What will you be doing?
- Steering of daily packaging flow between BMW and service providers.
- Working on individual projects.
- Generating detailed analysis and KPIs.
- Independently planning and steering the supply of service and all-time parts to the customer.
- Supporting with the creation of the weekly operations targets for the service provider.
- Creating and improving processes and the underlying documentation.
- Supporting the daily creation of customer deliveries.
- Studying towards a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business, Engineering or a similar field and on track to achieve a 2:2 or above.
- Prior experience in related field is beneficial.
- Experienced Microsoft Office user (including Excel, PowerPoint etc.) and VBA or PowerBI abilities would be useful, but not essential.
- Excellent teamwork, organisation and communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure with an eye for detail.
- Be able to undertake a large programme of self-directed work.
- German language skills would be advantageous, but not essential.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £22,700, 26 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37 hours a week with a half-day on a Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, an on-site gym, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com