Motorcycle Sales Assistant Placement (BMW Motorrad) Farnborough July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
Our Summit ONE in Farnborough is home to the National Sales Company for the BMW Group in the UK, as well as BMW Group Financial Services which offers retailers, corporate, and private customers a range of customised financial services. Alphabet (GB) Ltd. as a leading provider of Business Mobility Services is also located in Farnborough. We decided in November 2020 to bring together BMW Financial Services and Alphabet to stay relevant to our customers and continue to succeed in a rapidly changing business environment.
Within our self-contained campus, we offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
- Our work persona shift – being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency. For this reason, we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress.
- Flexible working hours - working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance, not burnout, through focusing on output, not attendance.
- The opportunity to get involved with our continued support of our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year.
- Throughout our offices, there are open creative spaces which hold facilities such as table-tennis tables to encourage innovation and employee engagement.
Motorcycle Sales Assistant
We are looking for a confident and eager to learn individual to join our Motorrad Sales team, responsible for the full lifecycle of the sales process for BMW Motorcycles. This includes ensuring customers’ needs are met through the supply of required motorcycles right through to the analysis of sales data. During your time with us, you will be encouraged to contribute your ideas, fulfilling your role as a key and valued member of the team from day one. We will provide the opportunity for you to develop your knowledge through your placement year, providing you with transferrable skills to take forward to your future studies and career.
What will you be doing?
- Providing general sales support to the team including supporting both the Sales Operations Manager and the Planning Manager with ad hoc projects and day-to-day tasks.
- Fleet Management – with hundreds of internal bikes on a number of different fleets (Press, Shows, Events, Off Road Skills, etc), careful management of the fleet is critical.
- Utilising your analytical skills and eye for detail, you will provide Excel sales reports that will be used to drive the business forward.
- Creating PowerPoint presentations for information delivery to senior stakeholders and internal departments.
- Remarketing Support – Assisting with the sale of the internal bikes via the new online auction system.
- Reviewing and analysing competitor pricing and product actions, benchmarking this against BMW models.
- Putting your communication and relationship building skills into practice, you will be responsible for updating and publishing sales bulletins on the Retailer Infonet and providing Sales Advisor support for all retailer queries and support requests.
- SAP Administration including and not limited to Retailer Payments and internal sundry payments.
- Supporting with research into potential new sales channels.
- Supporting at National Brand Motorcycle Events.
Qualifications and experience
- Studying towards a bachelor's degree in Business Studies, Maths, Science, or a related field and on track to achieve at least a 2:2.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and Powerpoint.
- Strong relationship building skills and a professional level of customer service, showing exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to show high attention to detail in every task.
- Ability to work at both a detailed and high level, prioritise activities, work under pressure, and multi-task.
- A full UK Driving Licence is preferable, but not essential.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.co.uk