Process Management Placement (Rolls-Royce Motor Cars) Goodwood July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is part of the BMW Group and its Goodwood manufacturing plant sits in the heart of the West Sussex countryside.
As the epitome of exclusive super luxury, a Rolls-Royce delivers unmatched quality, style, and performance. Behind the legendary brand is a team of passionate and highly talented people who do their utmost to satisfy the wishes of clients who commission a Rolls-Royce. Each year we offer internship opportunities and we are keen to hear from you if you are currently studying an undergraduate degree and are looking to complete a 13-month placement.
The maxim of Sir Henry Royce, ‘take the best that exists and make it better’, permeates in everything we do at Rolls-Royce. As a student, you will have hands on experience from day one, gaining practical insights into the corporate operations of a world-class automotive manufacturer.
We are looking for a confident and eager individual to join our Process Management team here at Goodwood, the home of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars. In Process Management, we are responsible for supporting the company to transform and grow, achieving the pinnacle of client experience and product quality across all areas of the business, from client interaction to vehicle distribution. From behind the scenes, the job involves the planning of workshops to understand and analyse business areas and processes, supporting meetings and documenting the outcome, drafting effective presentations, conducting analyses and linking with IT system landscapes.
Our Intern will have the opportunity to interact with many departments across the business and learn about the operation and delivery of a premium client experience and luxury car production. We are a small but knowledgeable team and you will be a key member from day one.
What will you be doing?
This role is centred around supporting Process Management team in all areas, with our particular intention to give you more responsibility over smaller projects, once you have gathered knowledge. Tasks typically involve activities as follows:
- Meeting management and minutes, support workshop preparation and execution – With a number of projects steered by the team, the Intern can help with the management of workshops and meetings, requiring attention to details and ever growing knowledge
- Conduct analyses and create collateral for presentations – A lot of the content we create is based on the analysis of processes and/or data. We will rely on the skill set and creativity of you to help us excel in our projects
- Inspired Spec (product feature) maintenance support – involving the handling of corresponding data management systems
- Test Support: checking the usability of newly developed systems and functions, involving functional tests for the Visualiser and Configurator frontends that are used across the dealer network as well as online for the configuration of Rolls-Royce motor cars on the web.
- Studying towards a bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics or IT or a related field and on track to achieve at least a 2:2.
- Strong IT skills, including a high level of competency in Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Outlook.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with excellent interpersonal skills.
- A service-orientated, can-do attitude.
- An exceptional level of attention to detail.
- Excellent administration and organisational skills.
- An understanding of our brand, products, and company, coupled with a willingness to develop this into a passion during your time with us.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £23,100, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 40 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com