Product Management Placement (Rolls Royce Motor Cars) Chichester July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is part of the BMW Group and its Goodwood manufacturing plant sits in the heart of the West Sussex countryside.
As the epitome of exclusive super luxury, a Rolls-Royce delivers unmatched quality, style, and performance. Behind the legendary brand is a team of passionate and highly talented people who do their utmost to satisfy the wishes of clients who commission a Rolls-Royce. Each year we offer internship opportunities and we are keen to hear from you if you are currently studying an undergraduate degree and are looking to complete a 13-month placement.
The maxim of Sir Henry Royce, ‘take the best that exists and make it better’, permeates in everything we do at Rolls-Royce. As a student, you will have hands on experience from day one, gaining practical insights into the corporate operations of a world-class automotive manufacturer.
We are looking for an eager-to-learn individual to join our Product Management team.
The Product Management team is responsible for the Rolls-Royce product line, including the overall steering of the current and future model strategy, as well as the price and volume planning processes. In addition, we are responsible for the market launch of new Rolls-Royce models and the lifecycle management of our current products. The Rolls-Royce product family consists of Phantom, Ghost, Cullinan, and Black Badge models, as well as the recently launched Rolls-Royce Spectre, the company’s first all-electric motor car.
As a Product Management intern, you will support the team in the areas of Vehicle and Option Pricing and Product Configurator systems.
You will be a key and valued part of the team from day one, providing you with the opportunity to really add value during your time with us.
What will you be doing?
- Product Configurator - supporting the product configuration process. This includes activities such as supporting the integration of new vehicles and features into configurator systems and systems testing.
- Product Representation - collating assets that can be used to promote specific features on Rolls-Royce models in our configurator channels.
- Take Rate Analysis - extracting insights on feature performance to support continued option uptake and market strategies.
- Pricing Strategies – supporting the process of communicating pricing updates for base models and options.
- Engaging in product-related activities at events such as Goodwood Festival of Speed.
- You will also have the opportunity to work on projects relating to brand new Rolls-Royce model launches.
- Supporting the wider Product Management team.
Qualifications and experience
- Studying towards a bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or Finance, related field and on track to achieve at least a 2:2.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and PowerPoint.
- Interest in working with the Rolls-Royce product portfolio, including product configurator tools.
- Communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong numeric and analytical skills.
- A willingness to work in a flexible, multi-disciplinary team.
- Outgoing and confident with a professional approach.
- An appreciation for the Automotive and/or Luxury industries.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £23,100, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 40 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.co.uk