Sales Network Performance Placement (BMW UK, National Sales Company) Farnborough July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
Our Summit ONE in Farnborough is home to the National Sales Company for the BMW Group in the UK, as well as BMW Group Financial Services which offers retailers, corporate, and private customers a range of customised financial services. Alphabet (GB) Ltd. as a leading provider of Business Mobility Services is also located in Farnborough. We decided in November 2020 to bring together BMW Financial Services and Alphabet to stay relevant to our customers and continue to succeed in a rapidly changing business environment.
Within our self-contained campus, we offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
- Our work persona shift – being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency. For this reason, we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress.
- Flexible working hours - working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance, not burnout, through focusing on output, not attendance.
- The opportunity to get involved with our continued support of our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year.
- Throughout our offices, there are open creative spaces which hold facilities such as table-tennis tables to encourage innovation and employee engagement.
Sales Network Performance
We are looking for a confident and eager to learn individual to join our Network Performance team, an integral part of the BMW UK sales operation. In Network Performance, our role is to support the business with the very latest digital systems and sales improvement programmes, something you will be a key and valued part of from day one. Working together in a creative and friendly environment, we carry out the following core activities:
- Designing and operating online sales platforms, enabling customers to choose and buy their next car at home.
- Developing the next generation of digital systems and tools to give our customers a great experience throughout the whole purchase journey.
- Monitoring and reporting on the customer experience across our Retail network.
- Producing and delivering innovative coaching and personal development programmes to support our Retailer network.
What will you be doing?
- Deep dive analysis of customer sales enquiries, identifying trends and performance variance across the Retail network.
- Creating content for our National Retailer Communications Portal.
- Exploring correlations between key performance indicators to identify opportunities for Retailer performance improvements.
- Designing and delivering ad-hoc reports and presentations for use across the department and wider company.
- Supporting the national mystery shopping programmes for both MINI and BMW brands.
- Tracking all online vehicle sales made by the BMW and MINI brands and providing daily reporting to the Senior Management team.
- Working with the team to provide a comprehensive suite of sales channel reporting and business insights. This includes proactively seeking out and implementing new or improved solutions.
- Delivering monthly and yearly KPI achievement projections.
- Collecting feedback on the use of sales tools and enquiry handling.
- Supporting programme reporting dashboards.
- Coordinating department newsletters.
- Our department is often at the forefront of new initiatives within the industry. Due to this, there may be the opportunity to be involved in special projects, something you could potentially link back to your studies.
- Developing your soft skills, that actively provides a strong base for networking.
Qualifications and Experience
- Studying towards a bachelor's degree in Economics, Management, Business, or a related field and on track to achieve at least a 2:2.
- Previous experience working within a retail or customer-facing environment would be welcomed but is not essential.
- A strong user of Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- A well-rounded individual who has a good mix of numerical and creative skills.
- An ability to draw out intelligent conclusions from various data sources.
- The ability to demonstrate strong communication skills, verbal and written, physical and non-physical is essential.
- An active listener who can engage in conversations with a variety of employees.
- Not afraid to propose innovative solutions. We operate on a 'best idea wins' culture and will actively encourage you to contribute your ideas.
- Strong time management, balancing multiple deadlines and tasks simultaneously.
- Well organised with strong attention to detail.
- A team player with a helpful, can-do attitude.
- A full UK driver’s licence would be beneficial but is not essential.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com