Social Media Marketing Placement (BMW UK, National Sales Company) Farnborough July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
Our Summit ONE in Farnborough is home to the National Sales Company for the BMW Group in the UK, as well as BMW Group Financial Services which offers retailers, corporate, and private customers a range of customised financial services. Alphabet (GB) Ltd. as a leading provider of Business Mobility Services is also located in Farnborough. We decided in November 2020 to bring together BMW Financial Services and Alphabet to stay relevant to our customers and continue to succeed in a rapidly changing business environment.
Within our self-contained campus, we offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
- Our work persona shift – being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency. For this reason, we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress.
- Flexible working hours - working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance, not burnout, through focusing on output, not attendance.
- The opportunity to get involved with our continued support of our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year.
- Throughout our offices, there are open creative spaces which hold facilities such as table-tennis tables to encourage innovation and employee engagement.
Social Media Marketing
We are looking for a confident and eager to learn individual to join our Brand Communications Marketing team. As part of the BMW UK Marketing department, the Brand Communications Marketing area is responsible for the delivery of brand campaigns across various platforms, social media marketing, product placement and influencer marketing. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience of working with all areas of Marketing and Product Operations, supporting national brand activities and campaigns in collaboration with our Marketing Agencies.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the national day-to-day social media asset plan development, review, and approval process.
- Operational co-ordination of budget processes and performance reporting.
- Ensuring social media assets created for national channels are made available for retailer partners.
- Development and management of influencer selection and influencer content reviews.
- Support with product placement opportunities in conjunction with our placement agency.
- Involvement in key social marketing campaigns, including model updates and launches from briefing to activation and beyond.
- Supporting with planning for and the delivery of social media activation before and during key events such as BMW PGA and Goodwood Festival of Speed.
- Management of internal stakeholders, ensuring that the social media content plan is reflective of highlights from across other departments including Press, Aftersales and Financial Services.
- Involvement in working with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and YouTube, understanding social media trends, platform updates and best practice, and analysing how this can influence our own BMW UK channels.
- Working closely with all areas of Marketing and Product Operations to support national brand activities and collaborations with our Marketing Agencies and headquarters to deliver activities and campaigns on time and on budget.
Qualifications and experience
- Studying towards a bachelor's degree in Business Studies, Marketing, or a related field and on track to achieve at least a 2:2.
- Relevant work experience either in marketing or the automotive industry to demonstrate your competencies would be beneficial, but is not essential.
- Confident user of Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- An keen interest in social media would be advantageous.
- Previous experience with social media would be advantageous.
- Ability to use your initiative and manage your own projects and workload autonomously.
- An interest in the automotive industry would be advantageous but not essential.
- A full Driver's Licence would be beneficial, but is not essential.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com