Credit Structuring Industrial Placement 2021
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting insight into a career within finance and valuable experience.
BNP Paribas’ Credit Structuring team is a key part of the Structured Credit business for the bank (which sits within its Global Markets division) and in particular it is responsible for innovation and product development. The team interacts with external clients as well as with a wide range of functions internally (trading, sales, legal, quants etc.), acting as a hub for value creation.
- You will be a Long Term Intern for the Credit Structuring team in London. You’ll join a team of 12.
- You will participate in the day-to-day business of the team, which consists in answering to client’s requests/needs in terms of Structured Credit products & solutions and creating value for the bank.
- You will work on developing forefront product concepts/trade ideas/client driven solutions.
- You will work actively with trading and quants on the modelling and pricing of these structured products.
- You will actively market these products/trade ideas to the sales force, actively monitor feedback and keep a constant dialog with them. As part of this task you will produce marketing materials for sales, which might occasionally be shared with clients.
- Proactive and enthusiastic self-starter
- Strong mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Innovative/Creative mind set
- Good communication/marketing skills
- Team player
- Being in the penultimate year of at least a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Financial Engineering, Finance, Maths, Sciences, Economics, Econometrics or related disciplines
- Good knowledge of capital markets
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Programming skills such as C++ or VBA and understanding programming is a plus
- Good knowledge of MS Office (PowerPoint and Excel in particular)
- Experience in using information systems (Bloomberg, Reuters) is a plus