Equity & Derivative Strategy Industrial Placement 2021
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 200,000 people across 80 countries and 5 continents. BNP Paribas Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career. At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services.
Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all markets. Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
The Equity & Derivative Strategy Team Intern works on the Trading floor, in close collaboration with Sales, Trading, Structuring and Cross Asset Research teams. The successful candidate will help the team with their day-to-day task while also working in parallel on long term projects and new ideas. Proactivity and tenacity would be the key to success in this role.
- Run regular models to answer requests for Sales/ Clients / Trading / Strategy team
- Work on long term quantitative tools to help develop to offering of the team
- Help build presentations for client meetings for the team members
- Help automate manual process in the team to help improve team efficiency Day-to-day role
- Run cross asset monitor for global sales / trading Help work on regular publications by looking up databases and develop interesting charts and analysis
- Do regular requests for different teams within BNP Paribas DESK SUPPORT
- Be our desk cover to answer ad hoc requests and to ensure desk presence at all times
- Keep record of team KPIs and help the team head with management meetings preparations Long term projects
- Help automate proprietary models within the team with an opportunity to learn new ways of thinking and help improvise on existing processes
- Help develop new quantitative models in collaboration with team members to be ahead of the curve in the changing landscape of research
- Strong interest for Capital Markets and Commodities
- Excellent coding skills essential
- Proficient on Excel and other Ms Office tools
- Team spirit
- Multi-task capacity
- Experience in Banking is a plus
- Language skills: English (fluency required)
- Minimum 6 months availability (1 year preferably)