Risk SIGMA Graduate Programme 2021
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
BNP Paribas has put sustainability at the heart of its business strategy and as well as integrating ESG into its risk, financing and investment policies is actively supporting its clients in their own sustainability journey with an extensive suite of sustainable finance solutions ranging from funding to supply chain management and voluntary carbon offset.
RISK is a fully independent function whose mission is to advise the bank’s top management on risk appetite, to provide fast and reliable information about the risk profile to report, to offer high quality risk measurement/quantification and risk management expertise to the group’s stakeholders as well as to foster risk anticipation.
SIGMA (Systems InteGrated Methods and Analysis) is the quantitative modelling team with overall responsibility for market and counterparty credit risk models within BNP Paribas. The team sits within Enterprise Risk Architecture (ERA), which is part of the RISK Function of the group. SIGMA is organized in four streams, each responsible for a given asset class (Interest Rate / FX, Credit / Repo, Equity / Commodity) and transversal aspects of risk methodologies (Cross-Product). The team is present in several locations: London, Paris, Lisbon, Brussels and New York.
A diverse and dynamic team, working in SIGMA you should expect
- to learn from experienced quantitative risk professionals within a large team with a flat hierarchical structure
- to gain experience in quantitative finance modelling and derivative pricing models, including for quantification of market and counterparty risk
- to have exposure to different asset classes: interest rates, inflation, foreign exchange, equity, commodities, credit and repos
- to develop skills in the design and implementation of quantitative models using various programming languages such as C# and Python
- to gain awareness and understanding of regulatory requirements for banks, both current and upcoming such as FRTB (Fundamental Review of the Trading Book)
- to engage within the bank’s Corporate and Social Responsibilities, volunteering and other social network initiatives
- Strong academic background with a degree in a quantitative discipline such as (but not limited to) mathematics, physics, engineering, or quantitative finance
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good team player
- Responsive and reactive
- Fluent in English